Part 11

Alex left the building ahead of me. I noticed that I was quickly trailing behind. As I was trying to catch up when I noticed that from a distance there was a car approaching and was approaching Alex! To my surprise, Alex continued walking like normal. I, then realized, that he was standing at a direct blind spot to the car. If nothing happened, there would be an accident. I didn't know what hit me, but I felt a rush of adrenaline enter my body and I ran with the intent to knock Alex to the side before the car collided with him. From sheer force, I was able to knock Alex down to the side. Both Alex and I fell to the side. My body collided with Alex who grunted when he collided with the wall of warehouse 5. I felt my elbow roughly hit against the wall as well as we made a slight turn when I collided with Alex. After we hit the wall, I fell and roughly scraped one of my knees on the cement. My arm and knee were in extreme pain. Alex was also tending to one of his arms, however, it appeared as if he wasn't as injured as I was. I tried to hold back the tears that were trickling down my eyes from the pain. After moving his arm a few times, Alex noticed that I was holding my knee with my uninjured arm while crying. His face showed the first sign of worry all day.

"Are you okay? Where does it hurt?"

"I think something happened to my arm and knee. I'm not sure," I replied weakly.

"Let's get you to the car," he said. Slowly with Alex's help, I was able to stand. He was holding me by my uninjured arm and was acting as a crutch. Every step was painful. My knee was bleeding further with every step that I took. Hearing me wince in pain, Alex stopped walking and asked me to steady myself on my non-bleeding leg and hold onto his neck. I stared at him and wondered what he was up to. I felt my heart skip a beat when he slightly crouched over and lifted me up princess style.

When we arrived at the car, Alex gently laid me down onto the seat and walked over to the passenger seat. He handed me his jacket and told me to press against the bleeding knee wound until we arrived at the nearest hospital.

I noticed that Michael was standing nearby with his mouth slightly ajar from the extent of my injuries. He asked, "I thought you were only going into the warehouse. Did someone attack you?"

I replied, "No, we were ready to leave when I saw a car coming from a distance and pushed Alex aside before the car collided with him."

Michael's eyes widened and he asked, "Was this person trying to kill Alex?"

I nodded no, and said, "I don't think the car saw us. There was hardly any light and the car didn't even stop."

Michael breathed a sigh of relief and said, "That's good."

I must have fallen asleep during the long car ride again because when I next woke up I smelled the familiar scent of disinfectant. For some reason, I had a strange, hopeful feeling that maybe the last 24 hours was a dream and I would wake up from my first car accident without the ability to see ghosts and without an attractive, but the dangerous boss. Saying a small prayer, I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was someone with a bloody wound between his eyes and screamed, "Ahhh!"