Part 10

Stopping as well, I turned and asked Michael, "Why can't you go in there? I thought you wanted to find your body as well?"

Michael paled and said, "I'm not sure why, but I don't want to go in there anymore."

I told Alex that Michael was uncomfortable and that we should head in without him guiding us. Alex looked slightly annoyed but continued to walk ahead. We entered warehouse 5 and Alex found the light switch. From the inside, there were crates of various supplies and there were a few tables with a few leftover guns. I assume that they used those tables to inspect the incoming supplies. With the number of crates in this warehouse, I won't be surprised if someone was able to hide a body in here indefinitely. Walking past rows of crates, I follow Alex into a break room. The break room had access to many security cameras. They were all active. Alex reviewed the footage, and we saw the same video with Michael. After seeing the security footage, Alex marked the camera number, grabbed a ladder, and exited the room.

When we arrived at the correct camera, Alex climbed up the ladder and personally inspected the camera. Upon inspection, he said to me, "The blue cord looks new. Of the 3 cords to connect this camera, two of them have dust and this one doesn't have any. I'll give you a number to dial later. Take note of this. We need to check if we ordered any maintenance recently."

We walked around further hoping to see any sign of Michael or a fight. The place looked extremely tidy. I couldn't see anything out of place. Approaching one of the inspection tables. I picked up one of the guns and asked, "given how dangerous it is, should I learn how to shoot a gun?"

Alex's eyes widen when he saw me hold this gun. Taking wide steps, he approached me and said seriously, "drop the gun." Shocked by his reaction, I placed the gun back onto the table. Inspecting the gun further, he said, "June corp does not transport this type of gun. I'm not sure who this belongs to but it's not ours."

I replied, "If it's not ours then it might belong to the person, who killed Michael or the person who stole our arms." I thought further and said, "But isn't it stupid to drop a gun and leave it behind as evidence?"

Following my train of thought, Alex said, "Maybe there was more than one person cleaning up the scene of the crime. The person who committed the robbery or the killing was in a rush, but they knew there will be someone else coming to clean the mess. The guns on the table are batch samples. Maybe a lot of guns fell at the same time and they didn't notice this additional gun in the pile."

"So far, we haven't found Michael's body, but if we trace the source of this model, we should be able to find a clue on who committed one of the crimes."

Smiling, Alex said, "Exactly. Do some research on this gun and find out who decided to mess with me."