You didn't even fight for me: Arno Dorian

Prompt/Request: Idek
Pairing: Arno Dorian x Reader
Relationship: You'll see
Requested: Nope
Warnings: Angst, heartbreak, sensitive topics
Notes: This most likely won't follow the story line because Im only on sequence 4 of Unity. Soooo it's not gonna be accurate.
Pronouns: Not Specified

You loved Arno with all of your heart, you did everything he needed, was being everything he needed, comfort, a shoulder, a protector, listener, a lover. You knew about his past with Elise and how she cast him away because of the letter that never made it to her father. But you were there to help him, you were an assassin and the moment he had joined. You swore to protect him and be everything he needed.

But in all the time you've been there for him, he considered you a friend and/or lover, depending on the situation. But he never kept the same title for long. He kept going back and forth and playing with your heartstrings. And it broke you inside, but you had promised to be anything and everything for him.

All the times he cried about Elise, you listened and reassured him that you wouldn't cast him away or leave. You had made sure he didn't go get drunk, but he stayed sober and did everything for him.

When he was at his lowest and needed some intimacy. You were there. Through everything.

When he was fighting until he couldn't anymore. You jumped into action and saved his sorry arse. But you still loved and cared for him all the way through it.

But he also pushed your loyalty limits. He called on you when you were tired, drunk, or hurt. You came and helped him every time. No matter how tired, drunk, or hurt you were. You were always there. But whenever you needed help with a few simple tasks, like locating a target, or trying to find your way around, He was always busy and never bat an eye towards you.

It also didn't help, when you went to see him in the darkest hour of the night for advice or just to talk. He wasn't there. That was only as of late. It bothered you, but you trusted him.

Now here you are. Standing in front of Arno, about to confront him about everything. "Arno, I need to talk to you" You said confidently.

Arno turned to you and spoke up. "Can it wait? I need to figure out where one of our recruits are." An excuse. You knew none of the recruits had gone missing. You made sure of it.

"Please Arno. It's important." You said firmly. He looked towards you and sighed and fully turned around to face you.

"Im listening" He said calmly.

"Arno? Are you seeing someone else? Or are you just not interested in me anymore? Because you seem to neglect me, and always seem busy when I try and talk to you." You explain. "And I do a lot for you. I be anything you need. But when I need you for the simplest tasks. You barely acknowledge me." You vented. It felt good to get this off your shoulders.

Arno seemed to be at a loss for words. He was speechless. You had picked up on everything. When he left, when he tried to ignore you. When he even talked to someone else. You noticed everything. But he couldn't notice a simple thing you did. Because he simply lost interest because of a certain someone.

"Yes." Was a simple and short reply from him.

"What?" You seemed in shock but were nevertheless confused. "Yes on what?"

"Yes, I am seeing someone else, and I have lost interest. I was hoping by ignoring you, you would get the hint. But that didn't seem to happen. I have been ignoring you and not acknowledging you in hopes you would leave me alone." Was his reply.

"You have been seeing someone else?" You said quietly. "Who is she?" You asked before your heart clenched at a simple five letter name.

"Elise" He said shamefully. "And I apologize for not telling you sooner. But I thought-" You had cut him off.

"You could've just straight up told me instead of leading me on. If I would've known, I would've stopped following you around or treating you like a god. I would've left you alone" Your quiet whispers got a bit louder and sad. Your eyes were quickly filling up with salty tears as you looked to him. Your heart was broken.

"I am sorry, can you forgive me somehow? Anything. Anything at all?" He begged. When you two got together, he hated to see you cry. It was rare. But even now. He still hates to see your tears streaming down your face.

You have a saddened smile. "There is one thing."

"Anything." He said quickly.

"Go." You said simply. He seemed extremely confused. "Go and see Elise. Go give her love and affection and love her and to never break her heart."

"What? I am confused." His head was spinning. You were telling him to go to Elise? You weren't angry? You weren't going to hurt him? Or Elise for this matter?

"Go to her."

"Im sorry (Y/N)" He said sorrowfully.

"Its okay Arno." You said, cupping his cheek. "I understand." You pull your hand away from his stubbled face. "I forgive you." You turn to leave his room into the hallway.

"But (Y/N)-" All he wanted to do was hug you and never let you go.

"You can leave. I still love you. But your happiness matters more. Leave to her. Make her feel happy and loved. Do not treat her like you did me." You said, more tears streaming down your face. "Leave." You said gently as you closed the door behind you.

You didn't make it 5 feet away from the door and you collapsed against the wall. "You left me. Just like everyone else. I thought you were different Arno." You whispered to yourself as you curled up into a ball.

"You didn't even fight for me to stay."