THIRTEEN

{AINSLEY'S POV}

Levi climbed into my shoulders and led the way to the dining room.

He was a great companion. Even though I had just met him. I found that I could put more trust in him than anyone else in this castle.

I winced as a flash of pain shot through my entire body making me freeze.

              "Your Highness you really shouldn't push yourself." Levi's voice was dripping with concern.

"I'm fine, Levi I just needed a small break." I said reassuringly.

He nodded and continued to guide me.

When I reached the dining room there was no one in sight.

It was kinda weird but I guess it's better for me. I wouldn't have to answer anyone's questions as to why I'm limping or wincing everytime I move.

I walked over and sat at the table, Levi hopped off of my shoulder and tugged on my dress grabbing my attention.

             "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'll be right back please stay here." He said.

I arched a brow and watched him scurry off to the kitchen, I guess.

I shrugged and turned back to the table to see Twelve on his stomach swinging his legs.

He propped his head up on his palms, digging his elbows into the table and looked at me with a smile. I nearly fell out of my chair.

I clutched my chest and screamed.

              "Oh my God! What are you doing?" I asked.

"What's that on your neck?" He asked.

My hand immediately flew to my neck, "What are you talking about there is nothing on my neck." Lies.

              "Why are you lying I can see it right there?" He said.

He reached forward to touch my neck which made me jump back. The chair fell backwards making me crash into the ground right on my back.

On. My. Bruises. To say they hurt like a bitch would be an understatement because they hurt like hell!

I felt tears prick the corner of my eyes.

             "Whoa Ainsley are you okay. Don't cry, hey I'm sorry." A wave of guilt washed over his face.

"No don't feel bad its not your fault." He tried to help me up from the floor but when he grabbed my waist.

I screamed and he let me go.

             "Like seriously what is wrong with you?!" Twelve asked annoyed.

"Nothing I just don't feel well okay?" I said trying to get him to drop it.

"Does Thirteen know you could tell her she'll help you. Wait here I'll go get her."

Before he could run off, holding back a sob, I yelled at him, "No!  Wait please you don't have to tell her, anybody but her. "

I couldn't hold it in anymore after telling him to stop I burst out crying, wailing. I was so scared. What if she hurts me again?

I hugged my knees and buried my face in my lap soaking my dress with tears.

             "It's okay she won't hurt you I'll go get her. " Twelve said reassuringly.

I crawled on my knees, I tugged on his clothes begging him not to go to her.

             "Please no please don't go to her. Please I don't wanna die."

I remembered her distinct words from last night.

Tell anyone about this and I'll kill you!

I didn't wanna die I had just turned 18 I haven't even seen a star pitch yet!

             "It's okay. It's okay I-I won't tell her. " He said scared.

Twelve sat with me on the floor and pulled me into a warm embrace.

Where I melted into a puddle of snot and tears.

             "Is that a bite mark?" I heard him ask.

My hands immediately flew to my neck.

             "No." I said quickly.

"Yes it is, they're puncture wounds. Who bit you? Was it one of my siblings?" He asked.

I turned around to run away but then he grabbed my wrist making me shout in pain.

He grabbed onto me pulling up my sleeve to see my now blue and black slightly purple bruises. Twelve looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel.

             "What the hell is this?!" He asked almost yelling.

"It's nothing." I yanked my hand away and pulled down my sleeve.

"That's it!" Twelve grabbed my firearm and snapped his fingers.

He took me to a room which I guess was-

             "Ainsley what are you doing here girl?" I looked around and saw Leah with Thirteen's siblings.

Before I could say anything, he pushed me forward and said, "Ainsley here has something she wants to tell us."

At this point everyone's eyes were on me.

             "So are you planning on telling them or should I?" Twelve asked.

"Tell us what, Ainsley? Are you okay?  A-Are you hurt?" Leah asked concerned.

I lowered my head.

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! What am I going to do? Thirteen's gonna kill me! I thought.

             "Fine. Thirteen's been torturing her!"

Everyone stood from their seat and yelled, "WHAT?"

             "Ainsley is this true?" Leah asked.
I didn't say anything because I knew if I opened my mouth I would burst into tears again.

Before I could deny it tears started to stream down my cheeks.

Twelve pulled me to him and showed everyone the bite mark on my neck.

Leah gasped and stomped over to me angrily saying, " I swear to God I'm going to kill her."

               "No please if she finds out about this she'll kill me. " I wailed.

She grabbed my nape and inspected the bite herself.

             "If she ever lays her filthy hands on you again you tell me. I swear Ainsley and you better tell me. Did she do anything except bite you without permission?"

"How did you she but me without permission?" I asked sniffling.

"Because if it was a pleasure bite it would have healed the second she took her mouth away from your nape." I looked away from Leah and saw One standing there.

I blushed hearing his comment.

He reached towards me, "May I?"

I didn't know what he was planning on doing but I nodded my head either way.

He placed his hand at the back of my neck and stared into my eyes.

A few seconds later he turned to his siblings with confirmation, "She's telling the truth. This girl was tortured by our younger sibling."

Everyone gasped.

             "What are you all on about now? Did someone die?" Everyone turned around and came face to face with none other that the Demon Queen herself.

"Thirteen."