SIXTEEN

{AINSLEY'S P.O.V}

"Mom?" As soon as Thirteen said that I froze in her arms.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Who are you doing?" A loud voice which I could only assume was her mother's asked.

"Excuse me. I'm not doing anyone!" Thirteen said offended.

"Who really? Then who's the slut in your bed because the last time I checked Ashley had blonde hair and she sure as hell wasn't black!"

With that I shot up and yelled at Thirteen.
"Who the hell is Ashley?!" I gawked at her.

Then I swung around to her mom, "And who the hell are you calling a slut?"

Wow! That's her mom they look around the same age.

"She's no one babe just an ex." Thirteen said rubbing my shoulders attempting to calm me down.

"Then if you're not a slut then who are you?" Her mother asked.

"I'm Ainsley, your daughter's fiancèe."

"Well Ainsley, my daughter's fiancèe...who gave you permission to marry my daughter?" She sassed.

"No one."

"Exactly. You're not marrying her!" She stated.

"I'm sorry but isn't it her decision to marry whoever the hell she wants to?" I asked.

"Follow me. We're going somewhere where we can talk in private." She turned around and marched out of the bedroom with an attitude.

I moved to get off the bed and Thirteen grabbed my arm.

              "Hey. Be careful." She glanced at her mom then back at me.

I smiled at her. "Don't worry, I will be and if I'm not you'll be there to save me right."

She smirked at me before pulling me close, "hell yeah, baby."

Our faces were inches apart before I move she swiftly connected our lips in a soft kiss.

We pulled away a moment later, Thirteen pouted up at me.

             "Stop pouting I'll be right back." I pecked her lips and slid off the mattress.

I looked up and found everyone slack jawed.

I stopped walking to question them.

             "What?" After none of them answered I followed.

I shook my head and followed her mother.

             "Where are we going?" I asked.

She didn't reply she just turned right and opened the door to a random room and walked in. As soon as door closed she extended her arm and it felt as if some invisible force was pushing me into the door.

           "Listen here human, you're nothing but a distraction, a simple play thing a toy even for my daughter. I don't know what the hell she is playing at but I know for a fact that as long as I am alive I will never let a human sit on my throne! Over my fucking dead body." She spat.

"As I said before it's not your decision if she chooses to marry me or not. I don't want to become queen, you know what at this point I don't even know what I want! I'm trying so hard not to lose my frickin' mind. I'm still debating if to marry her or not." I said.

"And why are you unsure? Are you saying that my daughter, the next queen of Hell, crown princess of demons, Hell's strongest soldier isn't good enough for y-" I cut her off.

"I'm scared okay!"

With her arm still extended she walked towards me slowly asking, "Of what? What could a measly human like you be afraid of huh? What are you so afraid of? WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID-?"

              "I'm scared that she'll hurt me again. Okay? I'm afraid that she'll hang me from the ceiling and beat me until I bleed again, I'm scared that instead of treating me like her wife she'll treat me like a dog! I'm scared of falling in love with her to only be crushed in the process. I'm scared that she'll break my heart. I'm too young for this, I'm barely nineteen. Now if you don't mind I'd like you to let me the fuck go." I said.

After that she released me and I left the room without another word. Feeling annoyed I made my way to the garden.

I mean who the hell does she think she is. I can marry whoever I want I'll show her! I thought.

I lifted my hands to push the door open but before my hands could touch them I saw both Leah and Thirteen's mother were coming in my direction, they both yelled, "STOP!"

              "What? Why?" I asked.

After a few seconds they both reached me.

              "You cannot touch that door." She said.

"Yeah Ainsley you can't. If you do you'll die in the worst way possible, then Thirteen will kill us in the worst way possible for allowing this to happen to you!" Leah looked frazzled and on the verge of pulling her hair out.

"What are you talking about and it's just a fucking door, calm down!" I rolled my eyes.

"Constance please tell Ainsley that anyone not of royal blood can't open that door unless they want to kick the motherfucking bucket!" Leah looked as if she was about to burst a blood vessel.

"Ainsley look I what she's saying is true anyone that doesn't have royal blood cannot open that door!" Constance said annoyed.

I scoffed. "Whatever. I would listen to Leah but I don't think I'll ever believe anything that comes out of your mouth, Constance."

She looked at me in utter disgust and shock at the way I said her name, voice dripping with venom. I turned around to face the door, placed my hands on both doorknobs and pushed it open.

            "Ainsley. NO!"