Chapter 6: Lies in stone

(I want to thank A_TLAS for editing this chapter and maybe more in the future if he wishes)
F/N's perspective

My hands shook as I scrambled to my feet. My breathing became hasty as I shook my head, trying to fade the image of myself and the voices from my mind. The sounds of the battle faded around me as fires still burned bright. Looking to my left, I saw Alpha staring at me, teeth bared as he stood between me and the scared Faunus. Heavy footsteps followed as Saladin, Mithrax and Ilia came running around a corner. Star appeared with them as she flew at me, giving rapid scans when she was close enough. The large looking form of the titan stopped a few feet in front of me as he stared into my eyes.

Saladin: "F/N."

F/N: "I-I.....

I blinked rapidly and looked back at the mirror to see my armor back to normal, but my eyes still showed with a bright sickly green. Mithrax and Ilia helped the poor faunas out and got her away from me, sparing nothing a glance in my direction. Saladin gripped his ax tightly as Star stopped scanning me.

Star: "Saladin, do it!"

F/N: "S-star what's-

But I didn't finish before Saladin raised his ax and swung it at my neck, fear filled me for a second as I tried to duck, but was too slow. For a moment I felt the searing pain in rip across my nerves before everything went black. For what felt like an eternity, I floated in a lightless void, it was jarring. Everything around me was weightless; nothing but pitch darkness was around me. Though as I was beginning to understand what was happening, I felt a soul wrenching feeling pull me back. My eyes burned as a bright white light and blinded me for a moment before it all came back. Taking in a massive inhale, I shot  my hand to my neck to feel no pain, no blood.... I had been brought back for the first time. Looking up, I saw Star, Alpha and Saladin looking down at me. Blood dripped from the titans ax..... my blood.

F/N: "W-what is happening!"

I screamed in scared rage as I gripped the closest weapon to me.... Thorn. The voices were quiet, just like when they were when I first left for this hunt.

Saladin: "I'm sorry, but we had to reset you...

F/N: "Y-you killed me!"

Star: "Guardian, you were changing.... why didn't you tell me?"

Her voice was full of hurt as she gazed at me, my hand tightening around the grip as a wave of guilt washed over me.

F/N: "I-I needed to control it.... I can control it, I have too."

I said as I holstered the gun, standing up and looking around.

F/N: "How long...

Star: "A minute, maybe two..... F/N, why?"

I heard the pain in her voice increase as Saladin put his ax on his back and stepped closer to me.

Saladin: "Young wolf, that weapon is too dangerous to be kept in your hands."

F/N: "N-no, I-I....

This was too much for me, everything was coming in too quick for me to properly understand the many feelings coming at me at once. So I took something out of my girlfriend's book...... and I ran.

In a blink of an eye, I unclipped a smoke grenade from my belt and threw it down, the purple void energy covered all of us as I turned and sprinted towards the forest. Voices called out to me but I didn't listen to them as I sprinted through a few flames. Past members of Red fang, past house of Wolves Eliksni.... and into the dark forest.