Chapter 8: Broken fangs

F/N's perspective

To say that the final battle against the Red fang was hectic? Would be an understatement. At current I was in melee with Adam, blades clashing as his Faunus kept trying to sneak in a backstab or lucky jab, only for them to be attacked by Alpha, leaving me open to counter Adam and so began a cycle.

At the moment I was blocking another wide strike from the bull Faunus as he tried to kill me.

Adam: "Just stand still and die!"

F/N: "You would like that wouldn't you!"

I yelled as I pushed him away from me. Adam recovered quickly as a snake Faunus tried to jump me, only for Alpha to bite down on their leg and slam them down into the stone floor.

Glancing behind him, the Devil's were doing their best to activate the portal, Eramis standing guard, just watching. Gritting my teeth, I sheathed my blade and started to channel some light through my un-cursed arm.

Adam: "Giving up? After all that talk? No matter!"

Adam charged and swung his wilt towards my neck, his blindness to the situation fairly evident. As his blade was about to cut into my neck, I flicked my wrist, and a shockwave of arc energy fires off my body. Adam's smirk faltered as he looked at me, where his wilt should have sunk into my neck, was now blocked by an arc blade.

F/N: "You're growing reckless, your strikes are predictable, this is why you will lose."

I said before pushing his blade away with mine, now taking the offensive. Adam staggers a bit as I slashed across his chest, the bull letting out a pained groan as he tries to counter, to which I blinked to the side. Adam's blade striking the ground where I once was.

Adam: "Where did you-Gah!"

He yelled out before I landed a solid roundhouse to his back, sending him to the ground. In the process, his mask fell off to the side.

F/N: "Right behind you."

I said before tilting my head to the side to avoid a spear that was meant to nail the back of my head. Reversing the grip on my arc blade, I thrust my arm back, piecing the armored shoulder of a Red fang lieutenant, the croc Faunus yelled out as the arc burned his skin around the blade. He hadn't recovered by the time I swung my cursed arms elbow around to his face, breaking his nose as he fell back.

I winced afterward as the curse tried to reach for Thorn, however, I held it off as the arc energy fizzled out. Alpha moving up beside me as Adam attempted to regain his footing, the remains of his forces laid scattered, either rolling around in pain or knocked out cold, nothing was fatal though.

My gaze left Adam however as the vex portal became active. The Devils were cheering with joy as a few began running through. A majority of them confused like their Faunus allies as they were pulled through by others.

F/N: "W-What?"

Adam seemed most confused out of them all as he screamed out.

Adam: "Eramis! What is this!"

Eramis: "Survival Adam! I will return with an army of my kin! You played your part well in my plans."

Adam: "Eramis you traitor!"

He yelled out as I pulled my auto rifle off my back and started to open fire on them. Eramis simply laughs as a devil's servitor projects a shield over her, negating any damage the bullets would have done. She was the last to leave, the fallen Bareness giving me one last look as she backed into the portal's vortex.

Eramis: "Till we meet again, cursed Kell of Kells."

She said as her body disappeared into partials as she stepped through. The servitor staying behind as its purple glow fades, whatever was powering it now gone as it fell to the ground.