Chapter 5: Influence

F/N's perspective

It had been about an hour since we had debt with Demos. Tension still hung heavy in the air around us as we moved off the path, the sound of Pikes off in the distance breaking it for a moment. Silently moving into the brush and undergrowth beside the path, we watched as three Pikes flew by, kicking up dust in their wake. After waiting a couple minutes to make sure no more were coming down the path, we continued on our mission. Though it wasn't long till Mithrax gestures for us to enter the jungle as the tree's around the path started to grow less thick.

Mithrax: "This way, we're close."

F/N: "Good."

I said with a sly smirk as we moved into the tree line, slowly as to not alert any passing patrols that may be roaming about. With skillful stealth, we made our way around the tree line, moving until we found a position we could use to gather intelligence. From our little hiding spot among the flora we gazed out at the Red fang staging grounds. The center and most pressing feature being the Devil's ketch, resting at the dead center of the 'settlement'. Around lay an assortment of half built buildings and tents, faunas and fallen alike moving about between them. It was almost a quaint little place, if those inside weren't criminals of the highest order.

Though what kept my gaze locked was the largest of the fallen, Eramis. She was descending down the ramp that lay into the belly of the ketch, beside her the bull Faunus known as Adam Taurus. Glancing over at Illia, I saw her knuckles turn white as she gazed at the two as well, her fist clenched tightly. Letting my smirk grow as I planned my path to take them down. Moving my hand to my blade, I went to get up before a hand gripped my shoulder. Turning my gaze to see Saladin giving me a look as firm as his grip.

Saladin: "We need to wait for backup."

F/N: "But what if they escape in the chaos? Illia, don't you want to get Adam? Make him pay."

Illia looked at me with fire in her eyes, but she stayed crouched beside a large tree.

Illia: "I do, Oum knows I do, but Saladin is right. We need to wait."

With a slight growl, I sheathed the portion of the blade I had drawn. Star popping out of my head to give me a concerned look.

Star: "Are you ok?"

F/N: "Preachy, we have our target right in front of us. Now we have to wait instead of acting."

Mithrax: "And sometimes we need to plan before we attack, something you seem to lack as of late."

F/N: "Is that an insult?"

I said, taking my eyes away from our targets to glare at my Wolves Kell. He glared back at me with the same intent.

Mithrax: "No, just an observation F/N-Kell."

I nodded and looked back at our targets. A sense of unknown anger nipped at the back of my mind. He dare insult me? His Kell?...... Why do I feel like this?

I thought before shaking my head to dash the questions forming, my little lapse in judgement was a one off thing. So I watched Eramis and Adam stop in front of those Pike's we saw before, two fallen and one by the looks of it, an avian Faunus by the plomb of feathers on his head. We couldn't tell what they were saying but clearly it angered Eramis, as her hands twitched and her posture became more aggressive. One of the fallen of the group unwrapped something that made me curse internally.

The dreg lifted a severed arm that belonged to Demos, presenting it to their Kell to see..... two lapses in judgement. Gritting my teeth I cursed myself for not hiding the body. Adam turned to Eramis and said something, afterwards Eramis raised a hand to her helmet. Not a moment later a beeping sound came from Mithrax's helm, swiftly he held a finger over the button, Eramis's voice coming from the speaker, clearly not considering that she was broadcasting on an open channel.