Chapter 4 - Dynamic Duo

Azula
I woke up in my bed dreading the day because the groups had to work together against other groups. Mine is absolutely dreadful, the only person I can stand to be around is Katara. Over the past few weeks we had been growing closer, I'm understanding her better now but she hasn't knocked down all my walls. I haven't knocked all of hers either.

We are the best trained in our group and there is no doubt we will be the last ones standing to fight. I wouldn't admit this anytime soon but I feel Katara and I work better when it's just us, no one else holding us down. I've heard of duos in the league, I think I would prefer that.

The day had come for the battle between the groups, so exciting (eye roll). The sun just peeked through the window and I was officially awake. I got myself ready in our everyday uniforms. They were all black, the pants fit close to my skin but still allowed me to stretch, and the shirt was the same. After I did my hygiene routine in the bathroom and waited for Katara to finally get up and ready.

We have our own practice in the morning, just the two of us. Without our lousy group we get more work and practice in.

-

Katara
It was really early but I had gotten used to getting up earlier than usual because of my one on one morning practice with Azula. I heard her moving around and the sun was shining in my face. I wasn't excited for today, we had to go up against other groups and ours wasn't the most pleasant. I got up and saw Azula sitting at her desk already prepared for the day.

"Finally, you're awake. Hurry and get ready, I'm itching to practice," she said while looking at me expectantly then looking at her nails.

Over the past few weeks I believe we've grown closer. She still gives me a couple of commands but it's gotten less and less. We watch each others backs in the field and with our group. For some reason those girls are just ugh. I wonder if Azula and I could just be us and no one else, probably else but one can hope.

I jump down from my bed and started getting ready. Once I come back out of the bathroom she gives me 5 seconds to follow her out the door. I enjoy our morning practices when it's just us, with the other girls we don't get as much practice in and there's always and argument or more bickering. We made it down to the arena, bowed to each other, and got in our fighting stances.

"Ready to lose to a water bender, princess?" I say to her, recently we've started teasing each other with our pasts.

"If you can even get a hit, peasant" she replies back throwing a fire ball at me.

-

Third Person
The two girls were sparring until it was time to line up with the rest of the girls. They stood in their rows, each row dedicated to a different group. They were in the second row standing next to each other.

"You all know what today is and we expect your best. The fights will be observed my myself, Imperium, and Caelum," Viribus says pointing to the two women standing next to each other.

"We will not intervene unless necessary. Work with your team, the goal is to defeat the other team together. The matches are won the same as individual ones but instead who have to surrender all together, be all unable to continue, or be called as a draw. Remember, work as a team," she continues.

"Each group with fight twice, one fight has 3 rounds, and once you are done you may go back to your rooms or spend the rest of the day as you must," Viribus finishes and calls the first two groups.

Imperium and Caelum are the other two masters that taught the girls their combat skills. Imperium was strict but cared for the girls even though she didn't always show it. Caelum was always nice and helpful but if needed could be very intimidating. They both called their own two groups, making 3 matches go at once.