Chapter 9 - Mini Mission pt 2

Azula
I had set up the Pai Sho board for when Katara gets back so we can relax and train.

She came in slamming the door open looking like she just saw a ghost. I shot up and grabbed the food from her hands before she dropped it all.

"Mare what happened?" I ask her as she takes a seat.

"Oh my La I'm so screwed," she said panick in her voice.

"Ok take a breath and then tell me what happened," I say sitting next her her looking into her cerulean eyes.

She catches her breath and starts talking.

"I was getting the vegetables for dinner when this guy came up to me and asked for the tomatoes. So I said of course and moved out of the way to head back but it was Sokka. He recognized me Solis, then I said my name was Sangi and ran," she told me all in one breath.

I looked at her wide eyed. This was not a good thing. The league would not like this one but. We were dead to the world and that's how we like to keep it.

"Agni, it's ok Mare we'll figure this out. He'll probably think he was just seeing things because of his grief. No one has to know," I reassured her. If the league found out and beloved Sokka knew she was alive they would surely get rid of her.

"Yah you're probably right, just a hallucination brought on from grief. But I can't go out there again, only for the mission," she says, I squeeze her hand to show I'm there.

We have a conversation with our eyes basically her saying 'thank you' and me saying 'always'. She relaxed after that and made dinner while I unpacked our things for the mission.

We played Pi Sho while we ate and then went off to sleep. We would train in the morning to loosen our muscles then capture the representative.

-

Katara
I was slightly shaken up but Azula calmed me down and reassured me. I have no clue what I would do without her.

I slept surprisingly well last night and am getting ready to train with Azula.

We trained for about half an hour then got our gear for the mission.

We wore our regular league clothes with an assortment of small knives hidden on my body, a small dagger behind me in my belt, and a black water pouch.

Azula wore the league clothes with less knives on her but with her sword resting on her hip. It's not long but can keep distance when needed.

We both had our masks that cover the lower half of our face and our hoods up. We head out of the house and head to the house our target is living in. We walked in the shadows and made it inside the house.

It was quite a large house for just a representative. He for sure must be working with the Ronos Gang. We memorized the lay out of the house so we knew we were headed in the right direction. Azula went through the back door while I slipped through the second story window.

We met back up with each other in the hallway leading to the main bedroom.

"Nemo ego animadverto," (I see no one or I didn't notice anyone) Azula whispered to me.

"Idem, in cubiculo," (same, in the bedroom) I pointed to the door.

We stepped light on our feet and slipped in the bedroom. Azula had the cloth with the chloroform on it and put it over his mouth and nose so he wouldn't be trouble to get back. Once he is unconscious I hoist him over my shoulders and we slip back out through the window. We make it back to the house with no troubles at all.