Chapter 8 - Mini Mission

Azula
I woke up at the crack of dawn and could hear Katara's snores from my bottom bunk. Turns out she is a heavy sleeper when she's comfortable and from what I can tell, she is. We are getting assigned a new mission today. Something different to change things up a bit I hope.

I got up and made my way to the bathroom to get ready for the day, then I would wake Katara up. We basically wore the same thing everyday but since we were higher rank we could personalize certain things on our clothing. We decided we wanted something that would be good for both of up so we chose gold and purple stripes along the cuffs and collars of our tops.

Once I was ready I quietly walked up to Katara's bed and up the ladder. She was sprawled out with her mouth open letting out loud snores.

"Mare!" I screamed her name and she shot up with her eyes wide.

When she saw it was me her face went from a look of annoyance and then back to tired. She rolled her eyes and shewed me to get off her bed. It was quite amusing, her hair was sticking in every direction and you could see the drool evident on her face.

"Well good morning to you too, Solis," she said while walking to the bathroom.

We had to be in Viribus' office soon so I hurried her up to get ready. Once she was ready we made our way to her office and nodded in greeting to everyone we saw in the halls. Viribus wasn't so intimidating to us anymore but she still had her moments.

Katara knocked on the door and didn't walk inside until we heard a 'come in' from inside. We walked in and sat on the chairs in front of the desk.

"Good morning Viribus, how are you this fine morning?" Katara asked in her usual sweet voice.

"Quite well, thank you Mare," Viribus responded. " Good morning to you as well Solis," she directs towards me and I nod in her direction.

"I know you both are waiting for the details on your new mission so we will get straight to the point. There is an Earth Kingdom representative who is believed to be associated with the Ronos Gang, I want you to befriend him and you could play this one of two ways. Capture him and interrogate him or befriend him and get the answers willingly. Either way find out who he works for, where their hide outs are, if he knows the names of the people on the inner circle, and anything else you can get out of him," Viribus briefs us on everything and gives us a file that has the minor details such as location and known associates etc.

"Thank you, we will leave in an hour. Is there a time limit on this mission?" I ask before we head out.

"Not in particular but be back with the information in a month I suppose," Viribus responds.

"Will do boss," we both say and give Viribus a goofy two finger salute.

"Now remember your manners ladies," Viribus warns looking between Katara and I.

"Wouldn't dream of forgetting Viribus, see you when we get back," Katara responds followed by a quick bow from the both of us.

We walked out and went back to our room to look over the file and back for our trip.

"Can we just interrogate the guy because I really don't feel like sucking up to another rich guy?" Katara asked me giving her signature eye roll.

I chuckle a little in response.

"Of course because I sure know I'm not doing that," we both laugh and talk about a plan to capture this representative.

We grab our bags and head for the underground tunnels that will lead us to the city in the earth kingdom. I open the hatch to let her go through first while she climbs down the ladder. I follow and we head to one of the automobiles. I'm driving of course because if Katara did we would never make it there.