Chapter 10 - Questions

Aang
It has been years since Katara died, years since I had seen her smile, years since I heard her laugh. I still miss her, but I have to accept it, she is in the spirit world free of the world that we live in. She has found her peace and I will see her again when I have completed my life in this world.

We all had to get used to the idea that she was never coming back, Sokka took it the hardest in my opinion. It hit us all hard but we pulled through, we protect the world we work so hard to save.

Recently a new threat has risen, The Ronos Gang is a new gang that is burning down and taking over villages. At first we thought it wasn't that big of a threat, just some group trying to obtain power. They are much bigger, more powerful, and further advanced in technology than we originally thought.

At the moment we are investigating a lead that points to anything that has to do with the gang. Toph, Sokka, and I are taking residence in one of the Earth Kingdom representatives. He has a house on the bigger side and is said to be well trusted.

Not three days into our stay does Sokka come rushing into the house claiming he saw Katara. This has happened once before and it broke my heart hearing his because she wasn't coming back. He looked confused but had the slightest bit of hope. Toph and I spoke with him so it has been resolved.

It was late in the night when Toph came into my room with Sokka on her tail. They both were in their night wear and Sokka has terrible bed head.

"What are you doing in here so late guys?" I asked my friends.

"People are here, I felt them once they entered the house so I woke up Sokka and now we are here to wake you up. Now get out of bed and come with us Twinkle Toes," Toph answered already heading to the door.

I gave her a questioning look that I soon transferred to Sokka. He looked at me and shrugged while yawning, still trying to wake up with his sword on his hip. I immediately got up and headed out the door with them.

We were all walking in the hallway staying on the walls. Toph was leading the way to where she felt the vibrations. Soon we saw a dark figure climb into the window from down the hall, landing gracefully in the floor. Next came another dark figure coming stealthy up the stairs, if it weren't for my earth bending I wouldn't have noticed.

"How many?" Sokka whispered in Toph's ear. She held up two fingers then put one of them in front of her lips signalling to be quiet. One of the figures spoke but it was a language I had never heard of. I looked over to Toph and Sokka but they looked just as confused as I was. The voice also sounded familiar but I couldn't match a face to it.

The figures made their way down the other hall towards where the representative's bedroom was. We went to follow them and try to stop them to figure out why they were here but once we got to the corner our bodies couldn't move. I could barely see into the room because the door was only slightly open.

One figure was going out of the window with the representative in hand. I tried to move to go save him but had no luck, my friends didn't have any either. Once the figures had been gone for 3 minutes we could move again. We rushed to the room to see if anything had been taken and investigate. The room was left untouched and only were the bed covers disturbed in the abduction.

-

Sokka
A few days after the representative was taken Toph, Aang and I were sent to another place to stay. We had been looking for the representative with the local law enforcement but have come up with nothing.

"What could he have had in his possession that would get him kidnapped?" I asked my friends while Aang was attempting to cook and Toph was on the sofa. We were taking another go and trying to find the representative.

"He was a semi-important person Sokka, it could be for multiple reasons," Aang responded burning himself right after.

"Nah Twinkle Toes, the things he did and knew for the Earth King weren't important enough to get him taken. It has to be something else," Toph said joining the conversation.

"Maybe he knew something he shouldn't or do you think he was hiding something?" I pitched in.

"If he were hiding something it would have to be somewhere in his house but we checked everywhere and found nothing out of the ordinary," Aang said from the kitchen filling up bowls for each of us.

"We didn't check it the law enforcement did and they did it unusually fast now that I think about it," Toph murmured thoughtfully.

"Lets check it out ourselves, see what we can find. Its worth a shot we have nothing else to go on," I said, my friends agreed with me while Aang handed us the bowls of soup he made.

"Always the man with the plan, Snoozles." Toph said while taking her bowl.

"I know I'm not the best cook but I think I am actually proud of myself on this one," He said, sitting next to Toph on the sofa.

The soup actually ended up tasting edible, Aang didn't have the meat in his unlike Toph and I. We talked more while we ate and made a plan to check out the house of the representative leaving no stone un-turned.