Chapter 5 - The Tests

Azula
The day had come where Katara and I would have to take the tests to be able to separate from our group. I was sure we would be able to handle whatever came our way, we worked well together. I could tell she was determined but had the smallest sign of nervousness or uncertainty. No matter, we were finally going to drop that group of deadweights.

The tests started just after dawn so we were getting ready in our everyday black clothing, I had my hair in a bun with my bangs clipped to the side of my face. Katara had a French braid going down the back of her head and her hair loop things woven into it. We were walking on our way to the large double doors that lead to the training area.

"Do you have doubts?" I stopped and whispered to her.

She stopped to look at me and whispered back.
"Not in the slightest, we'll show them," her shoulders relaxed a little and turned her eyes back to the doors.

"We'll show them all," I stated before we walked through the doors ready for anything.

-

Katara
Azula and I were about to take the tests to become a duo. We were walking towards the doors to the training area when she asked me if I had doubts. I was nervous but I was sure we would pass. I reassured her and we walked through the doors.

-

Third Person
The girls walked out to the training area, there the different courses were set up. The courses have different scenarios and skill levels. This was set up the the skill level that would be used for a group training with the skill level 2 ranks higher then the girls.

Viribus and Caelum were waiting for them by the first test. The girls walked up to them and bowed while greeting their masters.

The first test was testing their interrogation skills. They walked into the interrogation room, with a person tied to a chair in the middle of the room.

"This man was found breaking into the grounds of the league and needs to be questioned. Find out how he got here, who helped him, if anyone else knows about this place, and anything else you can figure out," Viribus instructed.

The two girls nodded their heads, pulled up their black masks that covered the bottom half of their faces, and walked into the room. Viribus and Caelum went to the viewing room to watch and listen.

It started out with Katara asking the questions with the occasional zap or burn from Azula when the man didn't answer. When he gave a snarky or sarcastic answer Katara would break one of his bones. The more time went on the more pain the man was enduring. When he was weak Katara said something that frightened him. She said something about how she could heal him, torture him, heal him again, etc. After this and a very intimidating Azula hold a small flame from her finger close to the skin on his neck, the man gave up the information. Every little detail, he clearly wasn't trained enough to withstand torture.

The first test only took about an hour, Viribus and Caelum were impressed for how quick they made him break, though they wouldn't mention that to the girls.

The second test was multiple battles consisting of the two girls going up against the other groups. Instead of the three rounds like before it was only one. The girls showed what they were capable of and even used moves from different bending forms. Needless to say their masters were impressed, thought they needed more training for the girls age and level they were good. This lasted 2 hours and the girls were sent back to their rooms to rest for the next test.

For the third test the girls were brought to a large piece of land with structures that are to represent a town. The sun was starting to set and the sky was a mix of warm and cold colors. The structures were casting shadows across the land.