twelf ;

This person, however, was not Jake's favourite person.

"Hello, I'm your neighbour — Kim Sunoo."

Jake held a smile on his face, but everytime their friendly young neighbour spoke with his bright and chirpy tone, he seemed to direct a smile in Sunghoon's direction. It was quite subtle, but Jake managed to catch on quickly. Sunoo hardly looked at him, even if he was on Jake's property, for Pete's sake.

"I know I'm a little late," Sunoo began brightly, "but I was really busy these days. I really wanted to do something for the nice family that moved next door, and I thought I'd bake some things. I'm not the greatest, but my mom helped, so I hope they taste great. I know you moved in a few days ago already, but better late than never, right?"

"Oh, you're such a lovely boy!" Mrs Sim exclaimed, clasping her hands together. "This is my son Jake and my beautiful daughter Hyuna. This is Jake's soulmate, Sunghoon - he's basically one of the family too."

"Oh, you're soulmates? I'm so jealous, I haven't met mine yet," Sunoo whined with a pouty tone. "If I do meet mine, I hope he's as handsome as Sunghoon-ssi over here."

"Oh, you're too flattering," Sunghoon laughed, shaking his head. "I'm only handsome for Jake - isn't that right, my love?"

Jake smiled, nodding enthusiastically as he put his head down on Sunghoon's shoulder. "Yeah, only for me."

"Why don't you come in, Sunoo-ssi? Let's check the biscuits you made together, and maybe you three can become friends," Mrs Sim suggested excitedly, ushering the black-haired boy inside. Jake glared slightly, but he had no reason to dislike the boy. He was friendly and nice, and he didn't detect any hostility whatsoever.

"Your home is beautiful," Sunoo complimented as he looked around. "It's really warm and cozy. I love the interior palette."

"I chose the palette," Hyuna piped up excitedly. "At least someone here appreciates my interior design skills."

"It is pretty, but I don't need to say it every day," Jake defended himself quickly, making everyone laugh heartily. They made it to the kitchen and everyone took a seat at the kitchen counter. Jake managed to sit next to Sunghoon, but so did Sunoo.

"Oh, these look amazing," Mrs Sim gasped as she opened the container of cookies. "I'll lay these on a tray and we can eat them. I'll put the rest in my own container and you can take this home."

"Did you make these?" Sunghoon asked with big eyes. "Woah! Let me taste." He took one and Jake tried his best to keep up a smile. Why was Sunghoon bonding so well with Sunoo? Maybe it's because Sunoo was just being nice and friendly - after all, he has new neighbours and just wants to make a good impression. "Wow! These are great!"

"Jake, try one," Hyuna said as she pulled the tray closer to them. Jake looked at the tray of baked goodies and then at his expectant sister. He turned to his left, his shoulders visibly sagging when he caught sight of Sunghoon and Sunoo talking about the biscuits. "Jaeyoon?"

"I'm going to the bathroom."

And Sunghoon could immediately tell something was wrong. His heart grew heavy as he chewed on the biscuit, his appetite slowly dissapating. He turned to his right, seeing a rather blank Jake getting off the wooden bartstool by the kitchen island. On instinct, he grabbed Jake's wrist and got up from his own seat. "Something's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong—"

"Jake."

"I said nothing's wrong."

Jake pulled his wrist from Sunghoon and walked up the stairs. Sunghoon put his biscuit down, muttering a quick apology to the others before scurrying after Jake. He felt his warmth slowly fading away, being replaced by the cold, icy feeling that he dreaded feeling. He had gotten so used to Jake's warmth that it felt strange being as he always was.

Alone.

Sad.

Tired.

Cold.

He hated it.

"Jake, stop. I can tell that something's wrong, talk to me," Sunghoon called out, increasing his speed a little bit to catch up to the brunette and grab his arm. "You can't hide things from me. You're cold, what's wrong?" Jake stayed quiet, avoiding eye contact with the taller. "Jake, please. Please, my love. My sweet prince. Talk to me."

Jake was still quiet for a few more seconds before pulling his wrist away. "You're talking so well with Sunoo. I didn't want to be in the way of that. I felt like I was preventing a friendship, so I just got out the way."

Sunghoon was silent as he processed what Jake said. "Are you jealous?"

"Yes, I'm jealous, go away." Jake's subtle pout made Sunghoon smile slightly. He chuckled a bit and Jake looked away. Sunghoon felt some of Jake's heat return and he knew that it was safe to continue.

"Sweet Prince Jake of Gangwon province," Sunghoon started off with a dramatic tone, making Jake smile slightly, "it's the first time you're replaced by cold. I don't like it. Don't ever lose that happiness. Look..." He took Jake's hands and pulled him forward. "You're mine, and I'm yours. Okay? We belong to one another. We're madly in love, and we'll stay madly in love - because we're damn soulmates and we're destined to love. I could never replace you, because you're my everything."

Jake felt tears prick his eyes and he looked away quickly to save himself from embarrassment. Sunghoon didn't mind, though - he preferred raw emotion over feigned happiness anytime. It was the first time Jake expressed a negative emotion - those didn't usually occur with beings of warmth.

"Will you stay with me forever, Jake?"

Jake nodded and let go of his hands, still avoiding eye contact. "Go eat your damn cookies, I'll be down in a minute."

Sunghoon gently kissed his forehead before walking to the staircase again. "Don't be too long, baby."

And he called him baby, how unfair.

Jake waited until Sunghoon was gone before leaning against the wall that was hopefully cool enough to help him relax. His hands were shaking slightly - Sunghoon was too damn smooth. How could Jake ever hate him? But yes, Sunghoon was absolutely perfect and Jake would never let go.

In other words, he would stay with Sunghoon forever.

Hopefully, it was a future they both desired.

[ double update cause ily :D ]