twintig ;

Uncle Hyeokjoo put down the tray of tea, earning various thanks from his newly invited guests. Jay and Hyuna were talking in the kitchen as they prepared the snacks, while Sunoo held his cup in his hands, biting his lips together. Jake eyed him, and his heart felt heavy for a moment. He probably felt odd with all the couples together in the room.

"Riki is upstairs — he's not used to company," Uncle Hyeokjoo said, sitting on the couch. "He's always been rather shy. But Jongseong might have to bring him down later."

"I'm surprised Hyuna would meet her soulmate during the same period of time as Jake," Mr Sim said, smiling at the old man. "I trust that Jongseong is a good kid?"

"He's rather… off-ish, but he's got a good heart. After all, he's one of ice," the old man smiled. "But I'm hoping he gets warmer with the finding of his soulmate. You can always tell that you're going to meet your soulmate a few days beforehand, and it showed because Jongseong went out a bit more often recently." He looked into the kitchen, seeing how Jay and Hyuna spoke comfortably with one another. "I'm glad Jongseong will be a bit happier."

"Oh, is there something wrong with him, then?" Sunghoon asked, raising his tea to his lips after speaking.

"Hie mother died when he was a bit younger than what he is now," the old man sighed. "Since then, he's always been a bit too dismissive and rather blank. He didn't care about much, and Riki was the only person he had. His father wasn't much to rely on, since he wasn't even my daughter's soulmate. He hurt her and left. It deeply affected Jongseong, to the point that he'd prefer to be called by Jay, the name his mother gave him, rather than Jongseong."

"He seems much happier already," Sunoo commented with a smile. "Jay hyung was always rather quiet, but he was kind and sweet. He would clearly be much happier with Hyuna noona."

The old man smiled. "My only hope is for Riki to be happy as well. He's only 15, but he seems so desolate already." He sighed softly. "Thank you for bringing happiness into Jay's life. I'm sure your daughter is a lovely girl."

Jay and Hyuna walked in, both carrying trays of prepared snacks for everyone. Hyuna sat down beside her brother, while Jay sat beside Uncle Hyeokjoo. They still seemed rather shy, and it made Jake effortlessly smile. Seeing his sister fall in love with every second made him smile.

"Jake and I met recently as well," Sunghoon piped up. "When I saw him I just… I felt that warmth. It just felt so different. We were drawn to one another, and…"

Jake giggled slightly. "We fell in love."

"Now I know what you mean," Hyuna smiled, looking at Jay. "We just met, but it feels like we've shared years of memories. It's like those two at the beginning of the Frozen movie. It was… love at first sight."

Mr Sim looked between the two and raised an eyebrow. "Jay, my boy — can we talk outside?"

Mrs Sim stood up as well, alongside her husband, and Jay stood up as well, following the two adults into a different room. Jake and Sunghoon, albeit unconsciously, reached for each other's hands and intertwined their fingers, holding tightly. Jake looked at Sunghoon, laughing slightly when Sunghoon gave him that signature lovung stare.

"The weather's getting colder these days," Uncle Hyeokjoo piped up, earning the others' attention. "You kids should keep warm. Especially you, kid Sunghoon. Being of ice isn't easy — I should know. My warmth left me years ago, but she left quite a bit behind, so I've been doing just fine. Jake, my boy…" The Australian boy looked up, straightening his posture quickly. "Keep Sunghoon happy for as long as you can."

Jake was quiet before he nodded, bowing ever so slightly. "I-I'll do my absolute best!"

"And Sunoo." It was the mentioned male's turn to turn to the old man. "Your time will come. It might be sooner than you expect. Don't rush love — you'll meet yours soon."

Sunoo was quiet for a moment, sighing softly to himself. "I'm beginning to think that the world wants me to end up all alone. Watching everyone find happiness is slightly disheartening, but I know I'll get there. I'll find my companion eventually, but… maybe once I leave this countryside and start meeting new people."

"You were the first friend I made here," Jake smiled, "so maybe stick around a little longer."

Sunoo smiled brightly. "Maybe I should, huh? Besides, someone has to bother Uncle Hyeokjoo once in a while."

"I already have my two boys to bother me, I don't need another," the old man tutted, making the others laugh. "And you, young Hyuna. Jay is rather… broken. I know you'll fix him right up, and you'll take care of him, correct?"

Hyuna nodded immediately. "I'm older than him too, so as a noona, I'll take good care of him. I promise."

"I'm sure you and Jay will learn to accept one another one day, and that your relationship will be strengthened with each day. I give you my blessing, and I hope you carry this blessing into the future."

The wind blew harshly around midday, so everyone decided to stay indoors until the weather subsided. Mr Sim went out for another job interview, while his wife began preparing lunch. Hyuna decided to stay with Jay for the rest of the day, and the couple found themselves in Jake's room. Sunoo had gone home, as he just lived next door.

Jake held a sketchpad in his hand, seated at his desk, while Sunghoon read a book he had found on Jake's shelf. Some books were still in a box beside his bed. Jake was simply going over his drawing of Sunghoon with coloured pastels since it looked rather bland with no colour.

"Love," Sunghoon called out, earning Jake's attention quickly. "What are you doing?"

"Completing my drawing of you," Jake replied, showing the sketchpad. "It's not the best, and it's kinda messy now that I added colour, but it's still good, right?"

Sunghoon smiled softly before looking down again. "The best artwork I have ever seen."

Jake scoffed, turning his back again. "You're just saying that to be nice."

Sunghoon, looked at the bottom of the oage to memorise the page number before closing the book, as he had no bookmark, and stood up from the bed, putting the book on the pillow. He walked over to Jake, gently kissing his cheek. "You're seriously talented, baby."

Jake laughed slightly as he looked away. "Don't call me baby, that's embarrassing."

"Mmhm, okay," Sunghoon chuckled. "I'm going to the bathroom. Don't wait up on me."

"Boys! Lunch is ready!"

Jake looked at Sunghoon as he stood up. "I'll meet you downstairs, then."