drie ;

Dusk arrived sooner than what Jake wanted, but it was his fault for only leaving his home in the late afternoon hour of four. Winter brought the night earlier than expected, having the sun fully set by almost 17:30. Jake worried for his safety, but was assured by how empty the countryside really was, and he had fairly memorized the route home.

"I should get going," Jake suddenly said, breaking the silence in the artificially heated living room. "It's already dark, and I just moved here, so the way home will be much longer."

"I never asked," Sunghoon began, turning away from the burning logs of wood illuminating his expression, "but why did you move here? People usually move out of this area, since no one really lives here."

Jake hummed in thought. "My parents were having… marital problems while in the city. It wasn't that great, and my dad's side of the family are a pain. So when I finished high school, we left. We sold our property in Hwaseong, and came here. The property was fairly cheap, considering how massive it is, and we moved out immediately. The property was recently renovated too, so it's all a little strange."

Sunghoon nodded, a small smile resting on his lips. "Will you be here forever, my warmth?"

Jake smiled shyly, hiding his face with his hands. "Don't call me that! Just Jake is fine."

"Fine, fine — just Jake." Sunghoon smiled gently, watching as Jake's ears turned an obvious red. "You know, I'm still a bit… fragile right now, considering how I'm trying to settle, but… I'm glad I have you — my warmth. Life wasn't the best for me, but… you're here now." He put his hands behind him on the carpet to balance himself. "I didn't think my soulmate would be a guy, but I didn't assume it would be a girl either."

"Well, we never really spoke about our sexualities," Jake commented. "Let's take ten more minutes, then I really have to leave. Explain yourself."

Sunghoon laughed a bit. "Me? Uhm… I never really questioned it. Guys are pretty, girls are pretty… I just want love. But I'm not active in that instance, so I never really dated. This girl confessed to me, but I was young and immature, so we only dated for about a week or so. What about you, Jakey?"

Jake laughed at the nickname. "Jakey, wow. My… my sister calls me that. Uhm… I'm probably bisexual. Leaning more towards girls, I think — but you're fine. I'd curve it a bit for you."

Sunghoon smirked slightly, tilting his head. "Oh, would you?" Jake looked away to hide his flustered face and Sunghoon stood up, dusting his hands on his pants. "Now that someone will be coming over, I guess I need to start cleaning up around here."

"I'll be busy all day tomorrow, unpacking and such, so… I don't know if we can— wait!" Jake widened his eyes suddenly, rapidly tapping at his coat pockets. He eyed a notepad on a nearby table and found a pen in his pocket. He quickly wrote something down, and Sunghoon walked towards him in curiousity. "There. My address, and number."

Sunghoon read the address and nodded. "I know where that is. I'll see you at some point tomorrow, then. Let's go, I'll walk you half-way."

Jake smiled softly, following Sunghoon so that they could leave the home together. He worried slightly about the burning fireplace, but it wouldn't take long to walk. They left the property eventually, and Jake watched as Sunghoon shivered ever so slightly due to the cold breeze. With an unnecessarily fast heartbeat, Jake slowly inched his hand to Sunghoon's. He flinched when Sunghoon suddenly put his hands in his coat pockets, preventing any hand-holding he had planned.

"The weather said it was -2°C," Sunghoon commented, "so bundle up tonight, okay? Stay warm."

Jake smiled, turning to the taller boy. "I should be saying that to you, Ice Prince."

"I thought we weren't doing embarrassing nicknames, Jakey."

"Mine's more dramatic than yours."

Sunghoon released a little giggle, and Jake simply had to smile. He had no idea he would find his soulmate that soon, but here get was — right next to him, providing him with the warmth he needed so dearly for years. Jake simply smiled, and Sunghoon felt happier than he had ever been in his entire life. The artificial happiness obtained from ice skating was nothing compared to Jake's warmth.

"Jake?"

"Yes?"

Sunghoon seemed nervous, but he eventually spoke. "C-can I hold your hand? Please?"

Jake was quiet for a moment before nodding rapidly. "Y-yes! Of course!" Sunghoon still seemed a bit shy, so he reached for his hand, still slightly surprised of the cold temperature. He wondered how someone could live with such coldness. Was it even possible? Judging by Sunghoon's smile, it probably wasn't.

Everyone needed warmth.

"I'm surprised you held out this long without warmth," Jake muttered, stepping sideways to stand closer to Sunghoon. "Your hands are freezing cold. Please, whenever you're feeling cold, just contact me, okay? I'll go out of my way to make you feel warmth again."

Sunghoon smiled as he slowed down slightly, their walking eventually stopping and they stood still on the pavement, turning to each other. Sunghoon was ever so slightly taller than Jake, but their height difference wasn't too dramatic — Jake actually found it comfortable.

"I never thought I'd find happiness like this," Sunghoon began, his voice barely above a whisper. "You're absolutely breathtaking, and I'm glad to have you by my side. My warmth, Sim Jake." He looked down, his smile spreading a bit wider ever so slightly. "Uhm… and since we're soulmates, I… I want to get closer. I'd like to know you more than anything. I'd like to make you mine. One day. I know, it's really weird to say it at this point in time, but I want to say it. I want your warmth, Jake. Forever."

Jake grinned, stepping forward and putting his head on Sunghoon's shoulder as he pulled him into a gentle embrace. "Then have my warmth, Park Sunghoon."

The warmth Jake emitted was enough to keep Sunghoon going for the night. Naturally, he'd desire more warmth as the next day passed, as he'd want to see the boy that dealt great deals of happiness to him. Sunghoon was addicted to the warmth Jake gave off, and he was 100% sure that they'd find love — eventually.