vyf en veertig ;

Jake had gotten news from his older sister that Niki was at the hospital with the flu, but he was safely returning home after staying the night at the hospital. Of course, Sunoo had recklessly ran over to accompany Niki until he got better, not caring if he caught the flu or not. It was the tactic of soulmates, albeit it wasn't a good one.

Jake wondered if Sunghoon would run out in the rain to meet Minseo at the hospital.

He sighed, turning onto his side. It was morning once again, and because they usually wokebup around the same time, Jake knew Sunghoon would be awake eventually. He simply waited, because he knew Sunghoon would join him soon. As if on cue, Sunghoon peeked into Jake's room, his hair the cutest mess Jake had ever seen.

"I couldn't sleep well," Sunghoon said, walking over to Jake and lying down on the bed.

"Why? Was it cold?" Jake asked, lifting the duvet so that Sunghoon could climb under.

Sunghoon nodded, putting his head near Jake's shoulder so that they lied comfortably. "Yeah, it was cold without you."

"Cheesy."

Jake smiled, running his hand through Sunghoon's hair gently. He wanted to go back to sleep, but he was already awake, so he decided to just let Sunghoon rest. They sat in silent conversation as their hearts communicated about small worries and resolved them quickly. They hardly had any disagreements because they learnt that speaking beforehand about any worries worked out better for them.

"I want to sleep with you, but it'd probably be uncomfortable," Sunghoon muttered, lifting the duvet over his shoulders to not let any heat escape.

Jake could only scoff. "You've seen me naked."

"Not really - it was dark, and I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by staring," Sunghoon defended himself immediately. "I knew you were insecure that night. We're soulmates Jake - come on."

"Yeah, but I told you to act without thought - I said do whatever you wanted, and you chose that," Jake muttered. "You could've done more, you know..."

"Hey, we're barely allowed to do things in this country - we could get in serious trouble if anyone found out we did that," Sunghoon scolded. "I didn't want to take things too far. I wanted you to keep your self-respect and dignity. When we get older, we can do that sort of stuff - again."

Jake smiled softly, deciding that maybe sleeping was the thing they both wanted to do at that moment. Maybe they should leave adult choices to their adult selves. Doing things in the moment wasn't what they wanted to do - even Jake thought carefully about Sunghoon's 'gift'.

"Since we're both tired, let's just go back to sleep," Jake muttered. "We can sleep together, Sunghoon - I'm okay with it. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

You idiot.

"Yes, I'm sure," Jake said with a little laugh when Sunghoon looked at him with a hurt expression. "Sorry, it's just that I need you to trust me."

Sunghoon made himself comfortable again, wrapping his one arm around Jake's waist. "I want you to trust me too..."

Jake bit his lips together - he so desperately wanted to trust Sunghoon considering his status as his soulmate, but Jake didn't even trust himself. "I do trust you. Just... assure me that we're soulmates - that we're in love - and I'll stay by your side."

Sunghoon wanted to keep Jake close forever. "We're soulmates, Jake."

Jay stared at Hyuna as she worked on her laptop. She looked so ladylike and professional, it actually made him fall further in love with her. Although he could never really satisfy her as an asexual, he still loved her, and that was more than enough for the both of them. In some times of frustration, Hyuna pushed her hair back as she muttered to herself and typed angrily on her laptop.

"The title keeps shifting, I'm so annoyed," she sighed, eventually closing her MacBook in anger. "I'm tired, Jongseong-ah. Let's order lunch."

"What do you want? We can go to the city center and get lunch together," Jay said, standing up from the bed. "I'm feeling makguksu."

"Ah, me too," Hyuna nodded, walking to her closet. "You're wearing beige, so I'll wear a mint hoodie to match. It'll look cute, I bet. Ah, do my bangs still look okay?"

Jay smiked, walking over to her and patting her hair down. "You're perfect, no matter what."

Hyuna couldn't resist the embarrassed laugh that escaped her lips, hitting Jay on his shoulder in protest. "Ah, Jay! Why would you say something like that!"

"Wah, noona, your cheeks look so cute right now! Are you blushing?" Jay teased, moving around Hyuna to back-hug her tightly. "You look so pretty, no matter what you wear."

Hyuna smiled softly, reaching up to ruffle his hair. "You're weirder than I thought you'd be. I didn't think my soulmate would be such a weirdo. And two years younger than me, wow."

"Not that it matters, we won't do that kind of stuff anyways," Jay shrugged, letting go of her so that she could get done. "How's the transitioning going, by the way? I imagine it's going well."

"I have to go to the clinic next week for a check up, and then I'll get my next dosage of oestrogen and progesterone," Hyuna explained as she pulled on a thick grey jacket. "It's not too long. It'll take about a year or so, and then you'll see changes."

"Aw, a year for you to finally be comfortable with yourself? Seems a bit unreasonable," Jay muttered, walking to the door of Hyuna's room. "No matter - I'll still treat you like the beautiful woman you are."

Hyuna smiled, eventually scurrying after him and hugging his arm. "You're so cheesy. Let's go for lunch."