𝟏𝟖

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Sooah and Chan sat face to face in a small pizza shop at the side of a busy street, a peperoni pizza in front of the two.

"Here you go." Chan placed a slice on Sooah's plate.

She smiled at his gesture. "Thank you."

Sooah took a small bite out of the pizza. She thought maybe Chan wasn't too bad as she thought. If only she didn't listen to what others say.

"So..." Chan brought up a conversation.
"Anywhere you wanna go after this?"

Sooah thought for a while. "No, I don't think so."

"Good. I'm taking you somewhere." He replied.

She furrowed her brows. "Where?" Sooah asked out of curiosity.

"You'll see." Chan winked.

~

"Jaehyun, you just got out of the hospital." Jaehyun's mother scolded once he entered his house.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see Sooah." He sighed, plopping down on the couch.

"Let him be." His father said while sitting next to Jaehyun.

"Why are you so upset?"

He shrugged, looking at his wrist. "Sooah's with her soulmate."

"And you're happy for her, right?"

Jaehyun nodded. "I should be. And I should forget about her before I fall even more, you know what would happen."

"I do, but you'll end up alone if you don't look for Seo Lina. Don't you wanna meet her again?"

He shook his head. "No."

Jaehyun's father sighed and gave him a pat on the back. "Good luck with that."

He walked up the stairs, opening his bedrook door before letting his body fall right on it, winching from the pain because he forgot he got into an accident a few days ago.

Jaehyun was staring at the ceiling, almost falling asleep when someone called. He groaned in annoyance before sitting up and answering the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Jaehyun? It's me, Seo Lina."

He widened his eyes in shock hearing his soulmate's voice. "Lina?"

"Yes, how've you been?" She asked.

"I've been okay, you?"

"I've been fine to... how's Chan doing?" Lina asked hesitantly.

"He's also doing fine- wait, how did you get my number?" Jaehyun questioned.

"I got it from my old phone. I'm calling you to ask you for a favor."

He furrowed his brows, confused. "What favor."

"I'll send you a text, can you please send it to Chan?"

"I don't know if I can do that, he's with his soulmate now, Lina." Jaehyun replied.

"S-Soulmate?"

"Yes, he met his soulmate a few months ago already."

"I see..."

Jaehyun could hear sadness in her voice, but he couldn't do anything other than telling her the truth.

"Well, please just send the text."

"Why don't you just text him yourself?"

"I tried, he changed his number."

Jaehyun then hung up, waiting for the text. He heard a 'ding' from his phone and he went to read the text. His fingers took a screenshot and hesitated to press the send button to Chan.

"Wait, he's probably with Sooah right now. I should wait for the right time." He realized and quickly deleted the message.

A/N:
Okay this chapter took way too long I'm so sorry. I hope you're still enjoying this story though. Chapter 19 will be up tonight to make up for the long wait.