Ace: 10

I followed them inside and gasped when Ace took the blanket from around my shoulder. His face didn't look pleased. I told him to leave me in the cold but here we are.

It was his fault I was in his house with his family, something he kept private. He had boundaries and I knew his family was a hard boundary. And I crossed it.

How much of his lifestyle did they know?

I took off my soaked shoes and realized my socks were also wet. I groaned in irritation because I had to take them off. Riley led me into the kitchen where I stood mindlessly in the larger open space.

How do I act?

"Can I use the washroom?" I asked quickly.

"Second door down the hall," she smiled.

I hurried to the washroom and locked the door. I looked a damn mess. I washed my face continuously as I cursed myself. I felt tense in my body and mind. I wasn't expecting this. He had siblings? I was still processing. Maybe I should just wait in here. So what if they thought I had diarrhea. Couldn't be worse than what they already thought.

I sat on the toilet cover and got comfortable.

"I brought you a pair of socks." Ace knocked on the door.

"That's okay. I'll just wait here until the car is back." I replied.

He sighed. "Angel you can't stay in the washroom. It's rude. Come and meet my family." He grumbled.

I knew he was right but I wasn't thinking straight. I should have brought my pills. I grunted incoherently and straightened myself as much as possible. I opened the door to the face that melted my heart, knowing I had just possible ruined our nonexistent relationship.

I took the socks from his fingers and pulled them over my cold feet.

Let's get this over with.

I took several deep breaths and dived right in.

I walked to the living room where I knew they were waiting. "Hello everyone. I'm so sorry for interrupting your family vacation. I had no idea." I began. "I'm Angel, by the way." I breathed going around the room the greet them individually.

"We met at the door. Uche," he reminded me with a smile.

"Dom, I'm the eldest." He smiled, winking at Ace. Ace  rolled his eyes, but his lips remained hard.

Was I embarrassing him?
Was he embarrassed of me?

I tried to keep the smile on my face as much as I could. "Zoey. I'm his eldest sister." She looked worried as she looked from me to Ace, as if she could also tell he didn't want me here as well.

"Riley," she smiled. "Your tea is right there." She pointed in the corner.

"Hello, Angel. So happy you decided to join us. I'm Pheona. Alister's mom" she smiled. My throat went dry as I smiled and nodded back.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Moore."

"Ms." She corrected with a smile.

I sat in the arm chair in the corner and helped myself to the hot chocolate. I glanced up at the clock and prayed it would go faster.

"So Angel, tell us about yourself." Uche prompted.

"No." Alister interjected taking a seat on my arm rest.  He glanced down at me and then at his brother.

"It's either you tell us something brother, or we tell her everything." He smiled coyly.

"Angel and I met through work. We are enjoying each other's company. That's all you need to know." Ace hissed.