Ace: 17

"Honestly?"

He nodded.

"Our life together. How would it work?" I wondered.

"Nothing will be right away. You focus on yourself and school. I'll focus on the business and making sure it's more self sufficient. Then we buy a home. And go from there." He suggested softly as if he didn't want to push.

"You've been thinking about this." I smiled.

"You've been the only thing on my mind." He took a sip of his glass again.

I turned away as I blushed.

"Maybe we should hold off until you finish school to talk about this." He muttered in hesitation.

"Changing your mind already?" I joked.

"Clearly this is something I'm forcing on you."

"I never said that." I frowned.

"Right, and you haven't said much." He muttered.

I sighed. "I usually find myself in places like these and with people who care about me. And then something happens. Something to change everything and destroy my hopes all over again. I want this. I want you. And saying it out loud makes it real. And nothing real lasts." I said honestly.

His fingers held mine across the table. The waiter appeared to pour more wine. Ace refused the offer, informing him that we were ready for the check.

"I love you too," I muttered as he pulled out his credit card. Both him and the waiter looked over at me. They both smiled.

The waiter took the card and left. Ace stood to his feet and helped me to mine. He held my chin and caressed it before placing his lips to mine. I lost energy from the way he kissed me. "That's all I needed to hear. We will be okay." He promised.

"Were you really going to give me 1 million for every year we're married?" I teased.

His smile was back. "I'm hoping we won't need that but I'm willing to give you as much as you want."

"We don't need a prenup. I don't need anything if we divorce." I muttered.

"It's to protect you too, Angel."

"Trust me I'll be fine. I'm use to little. Plus, I wouldn't know what to do with all that money without you."

His smile was bright and sweet. The waiter returned with his card and thanked us profusely for coming. My guess would be that Ace tipped a large amount.

The chopper was waiting for us. This time felt different knowing I was going for a ride. It felt like something I've done before and would get through. That was, until it got into the air and my anxiety was back. Not as strong this time though.

We landed at our port we left from, where Ace's Porsche was waiting. "Thank you for lunch," he began, kissing the back of my hand.

"I should be thanking you," I cooed. "Have you told your mom?"

"About our engagement?" He asked.

I blushed again but nodded my head.

"She knows it's coming." He smiled with a glance over at me. "Are you nervous?"

"It's not like its happening right away." I mumbled.

His smile disappeared and he tensed at the wheel. Did he plan on doing it soon? Was it going to happen at this event? Should I ask? Did I want to know?

I unbuckled my seatbelt and unzipped his pants. "Oh, wow," he moved his arm out of my way and smacked my ass. His other hand was still gripping the wheel as his eyes remained on the road.