22. Woken

The next few days were amazing. Everyone was excited for New Years, and at this point so was I. After I closed down the salon for the night, I began to make dinner for Ken for when he got home. He had taken Cindy to the circus in the next town over, and I had hair appointments to keep so I couldn't go.

I heard a car approaching from the kitchen and ran out to meet them but was surprised when I saw Paige on my lawn. She was looking at my two cars, the new one and the old one. She had her phone out, but quickly put it away when she saw me.

"Can I help you?" I asked in confusion.

"I just came here to talk to you." She muttered, her short brown hair pulled up into a small bun, some strands failing to hold.

"About?" I asked, walking down on the grass.

"I can tell that Ken really... seems smitten with you." She began, her eyes dark from the lack of light. "And that he wont leave you."

I pulled my robe closer to my body to shield away from the cold wind.

"So I'm here to ask that you leave him." she finished, her hands pushing to her back pockets.

"You really have some nerve." I laughed without humour. "I suggest you leave my property."

"I know women like you. You find someone kind and you bleed them dry." she waved her hand towards the newly renovated house and car."

"Are you mad because you though you could come here and everything would be back to normal, sweetie? You need to get out of town, you're starting to look pathetic."

"This town is my family. No matter how much you think you belong here, I was born here. I was raised here. You are a visitor."

"Bitch, bye." I swatted her hand from my face and she swatted mine back. I stared at her. This bitch really didn't know whom she was fucking with. But there were certain things you couldn't take back, and fucking up your boyfriend's baby mama was one of them.

"Don't call me a bitch you whore." She fumed. "You leave my husband alone, or I promise I will ruin you!"

I laughed teasingly. "Are you mad because you didn't get to spend Christmas was my baby, or your baby for that matter, and now you're gonna be alone for New Years?"

She was quick, narrowing her eyes at me.

I laughed harshly. "That's it, isn't it?"

"You don't know me."

"No, bitch, you don't know me."

She exhaled calmly. "I have been patient. Very patient."

"No, you were waiting for Ken to come back to you. Even sleeping with him to make him get into you again. But it didn't work. He's still not coming back to you, and you realize it. And instead of accepting it and moving the hell on, you come here to beg. No, I will not give you my man. No, he will not come back to you. And no, you have nothing that he's missing."

She looked as if she was about to hit me, and I narrowed my eyes. "I wish you would." I taunted.

"Have it your way." She spat, threatening me.

I grabbed the nearby hose and turn on the water, straying her. "Get the fuck on."

She hurried into her car and sped away. I probably didn't need to do that, but it felt good.

I got back to working on dinner, more irritated than I was originally. When Ken got home, he will still pumped about the carnival. "I wish you were there baby." he smiled, scooping the food into his mouth.