Part 9

"We love you Bhai"

The photographs, the documents and the confessions of Sanjay and Mehta did their job pretty well. The BCCI sacked both Sanjay and Mehta and their men from the panel, removing them completely from the picture. BCCI released official statements of the same, with a statement claiming MS innocent. Dada took over as the new BCCI president and Jay Shah was made the new secretary. The team watched the developments with enthusiasm, and breathed a huge sigh of relief when Dada became the president. Indian cricket and BCCI was finally in safe hands.

The media had gone berserk once again. Thousands of articles, posts and tweets were being released, some bashing Sanjay and his minions, some lauding Dada as the new president and some apologizing to Mahi. Virat and Co. were more than happy to see all the buzz on the social media. They also took part with great gusto with all of them posting pictures of them with Mahi and the team in general, signifying there unity. 

Everything was back to normal, thought Virat. He believed that wholeheartedly until some incidents started to bug him again. 

So what happened is, the day after everything was sorted, the team went for a normal practice session. As they were practicing, Virat started to notice some weird things with Mahi bhai.

At some point, Hardik was bowling to Shreyas and his line and length was going wrong. Shreyas was finding it way easier to pick his ball. But that was not the problem. The problem was that Mahi bhai was standing right beside the net in which Shreyas was batting, and by the look on his face, it seemed that he was able to find where Hardik was going wrong, but he didn't even once point out his mistake. Weird, thought Virat, before going to Hardik to guide him. Mahi just glanced at them once and went back to mind his own business.

Another time, Mahi, Virat, Rohit and Shikhar were doing slip fielding practice. Rohit took an unexpected good catch and Virat banged him on his back out of reflex commenting, "That was good". Then he saw Mahi bhai, who didn't even say a word, just gave a small smile. Which increased Virat's doubts and concerns. Rohit who had looked up to Mahi bhai for a praise also got worried as he saw Mahi not saying anything. He and Virat shared a worried glance as they continued the practice.

Also, when Virat and Rohit were bickering, again, Mahi bhai did not chide them for once. He looked like he wanted to say something but was controlling himself. Jinks yelled that them to shut up and gestured towards Mahi through his eyes. Virat and Rohit stopped their meaningless bickering and glanced at Mahi bhai. Virat, Rohit and Jinks had a quick eye to eye conversation, worried for Mahi bhai.

What's wrong with him? Jinks asked.

Don't know but something wrong  Virat conveyed.

You should go and check. After all, you can handle him the best said Rohit, seeing Mahi bhai leaving the ground after his practice, which he never did before. He used to wait for everyone to finish their session and leave together.

Virat nodded at Rohit and rushed in the direction of Mahi. Jinks and Rohit decided to stay back and they kept their phones on full volume, just in case, if Virat needs them. Virat found Mahi bhai in the dressing room, sitting on a bench with his head buried in his hands. His this posture itself had those little alarming bells ringing in Virat's mind. 

Virat walked up to him and placed his hand softly on his shoulder. Mahi looked up and saw Virat smiling at him, and worry clear in his eyes. "What happened, Bhai?", asked Virat gently.

"Nothing, Cheeku. Just I was not feeling well in the sun", Mahi lied but Virat's face told him that he hasn't bought that.

"Two things, Bhai. Number 1, you can not lie to me, and Number 2, I'm listening", Virat said firmly.