Part 3

The next morning, Mahi woke up abruptly, looking all panicked but then saw himself laying his head on Virat's lap and calmed down. He found Virat sleeping in a very uncomfortable position, with his back against the backrest of the bed. His eyes softened. His Cheeku was unmistakably his world right now. The way he was caring for him even after all the accusations hurled at him, was making Mahi feel to cry again. Cry again as he did yesterday. What did he do to deserve this kind of love from his little brother? he questioned himself. Virat's blatant love for him was feeling like rain on the burning land of his life right now.

Virat was not able to sleep the entire night. He woke up every hour checking on Mahi bhai. He was just resting keeping his eyes closed. As he felt Mahi bhai move a little bit more, he opened his eyes and saw Mahi bhai looking and him with moist eyes. That was the visual Virat hated the most that morning. He forced a smile on his face and said as cheerfully as possible, "Good Morning, Mahi bhai". "Good Morning Cheeku", Mahi replied, his voice raspy due to the excessive crying yesterday. He got up weakly, Virat helped him, and the first thing he saw was Yuvi sleeping on the sofa cum bed. Okay, when or how did Yuvi come here? He looked at Virat and was about to ask the same question when he saw Virat stretching his arms, legs and back. Of course, after he slept on Virat's lap the entire night, with Virat sitting and sleeping, what could he expect? He felt like cursing himself for giving pain to Virat, forgetting that he was talking about the fittest athlete of the world.

Well he was not allowed to dwell on this fact any longer because one Yuvraj Singh, who had woken up a few minutes back, was now staring at him. And before Mahi knew it, he was tackled in a hug by his Best friend. Yuvi was smothering him, muttering continuous sorries, as Virat wondered why is Yuvi Paa apologizing. After Yuvi's sorry puran ended hearing Mahi's 'I'm not angry with you' and 'It's not your fault' statements, he and Virat helped Mahi freshen up. Yuvi ordered breakfast for them while Virat instructed the rest of the team to have breakfast and come to Mahi bhai's room. 

After the three of them had had their breakfast and the rest of the team had flocked into Mahi Bhai's room, they settled down to have some serious discussion. Mahi's sides were firmly occupied by Virat and Yuvi, who hadn't left his side for once. 

All of them stayed there in an unusual silence, not knowing how to start a conversation. Virat and Yuvi also looked confused. At that pin point moment, they heard a knock on the door. Jinks, who was closest to the door, went to open it and saw Dada standing there. He moved aside to let him enter and closed the door. As soon as Mahi saw Dada, he dashed into him, buried his face in his shoulder and started sobbing. The rest of the team watched them with sad eyes as Dada's eyes met Virat's. Dada stuffed Virat in the hug with one arm, he knew how much the kid might have suffered watching his big brother so vulnerable. After Mahi was done crying a river in Dada's arms, he started speaking, "Dada, Trust me. I haven't done anything. I don't even know anything about it", he rambled.

"Why do you think I'm here if I don't believe you and believe those baseless accusations?", asked Dada raising an eyebrow towards Mahi as Virat squirmed out of the hug. He wanted Mahi Bhai to get all the warmth he wanted from his big brother. 

Mahi looked up slightly to see Dada's face and found nothing but love and warmth for himself. He didn't reply, and just hugged him tightly. Virat slung his arm around his shoulder and Mahi felt complete at that moment with both of his favourites close to him. 

After an eternity, Mahi calmed down. But was still clinging to Dada and Virat for dear life. Dada's heart pained watching his kiddo's condition. He had not seen Mahi this broken after the 2007 WC loss. Dada knew that it will take time to make Mahi normal again. But for now he had a much more important work to handle -- digging out what exactly happened. And for that he had to go to the BCCI office, threaten and question some people, do some research but he had to dig out the truth.  

He gently unwrapped himself from Mahi, handing him to Virat's care. He then stood up and told the room in general, "I'm going to find out the truth. Don't worry everything will be fine. Those bastards wont be able to escape me now", with the deadly glint in his eyes.
Then he turned to Virat, " Virat, I'll stay in touch with you. I'll need your help more than anything". Before Virat could reply, Mahi beat him and said," Dada please keep Cheeku out of this. People will badmouth him more." and Virat couldn't help but roll his eyes. Hadn't people been hating him since the very beginning. He was so used to people hating him, he thought to reply. But then decided against it and said calmly," Bhai, let me decide whether I want to be involved or not. You have never left me alone when I needed you, then how can you even think that I or in that matter we, your kiddos will leave you." "Moreover, Virat is the captain. So he will get involved sooner or later", added Rohit tactfully. Virat sent him a thankful glance.

Dada surveyed the room once. The radiations of love and care directed towards their Mahi Bhai, was spurting out of each and every member present in that room. Dada knew his Mahiya was in safe hands. He would now be able to do his work without worrying about him. He smiled at the team, kissed Mahi's forehead and side hugged him, ruffled Virat's hair and left the room with a business in his mind. Mahi on the other hand, kept on hugging Virat as the team settled down again.

"Mahi, leave Cheeku for a moment. You have been sticking to him from last night", said Yuvi, laughing slightly.

"So what?? He is my Cheeku. I've every right to stick to him", said Mahi indignantly, from the hug, making Virat's heart swell with warmth. He was feeling so ridiculously happy that he couldn't help a grin spilling on his lips. 

"Mahi bhai, you don't worry even a bit. We won't let those rascals get away with what they want and no matter what happens we will never leave you", said Rohit, remembering why they have gathered here in the first place. Mahi looked at him and then realizing what he said, smiled genuinely.

"Yes, Mahi bhai we are always with you", said Harry earnestly.

"We have always been together in everything and this is no exception. We will overcome this together", said Jinks.

"Yes, those good-for-nothing idiots can't win against us", said Yuzi.

"You have all of us, Mahi bhai", said Kuldeep fervently, and the others nodded their head in solidarity as they pounced on Mahi, hugging the life out of him.
At that moment, Mahi felt himself to be the luckiest person in the entire universe. Who can flaunt such love from their chosen brothers like he can? Of course no one. 

He was feeling so many emotions right then, that he could not speak. He just hugged all of them tight , hoping that they would get the message and they did. All of them smothered Mahi with all the love they had from him as they made a silent promise to each other to look after their Mahi Bhai, giving all the care he needs and the love he deserves.

As the air started getting a little too emotional, Harry took it upon himself to lighten the atmosphere. He then cracked a silly joke which apparently sounded very funny to Jaddu and soon they both were cackling with laughter as the whole team joined in that made even Mahi laugh a little. 

The boys then left for there practice session, which Virat had postponed and they dragged Mahi along with them to avoid him from brooding alone in the hotel. Although Mahi protested, they royally ignored him and manhandled him to the stadium.

They tried their best to keep him involved in their practice. Rishabh and Rahul demanded him to practice wicketkeeping with them. Harry asked him stand behind the nets and guide him as he hit the helicopter shot. The others also were successful in keeping him busy. Virat noticed this, and felt an unexplainable affection and pride for his team. He knew they will come out of this mess and come out stronger than before. 

For they were, are, and will be always there for each other.

---------------------------------------------------

The third part is here. Tell me how it was...

I need to tell you all, that from the next chapter, all the planning, plotting and revenge will begin and I'm not very good at writing those. So, it might take some time for me to update after this chapter. So please pardon me for the delay. Thanks for understanding.

Love,
Baishali💖