Part 1

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved."

Everyone in the room looked at MS with hurt and betrayed eyes, not able to believe that their Mahi Bhai had done something like this? Match fixing?? Their Mahi Bhai was always against such malpractices. He himself said in an interview. He always told them to play fair not considering the result, to uphold the spirit of the game. But with conclusive evidences thrown at their faces by the officials, they couldn't help but feel betrayed, feel hurt and angry at their Mahi Bhai.

"This is a lie. Mahi Bhai can't do something like this", said Virat fiercely. How could anyone ever think that the most successful captain in the history of Indian cricket, the best wicket-keeper and his best elder brother can do something this illegal. No, Virat, being his Mahi bhai's Cheeku, can never believe this.

"But the evidences speak otherwise, Virat. We have no choice but to ban you MS", said the chief BCCI selector with venom dripping down each word, which made all of them wince in their hearts.

"You can't do this. Not after all Mahi Bhai has done for Indian Cricket", said Virat, his voice raising with every word.

"But we have to. We can't keep a criminal in the team and ruin its reputation.", said Sanjay Manjrekar who, had very promptly come with the BCCI team and why wouldn't he?, Virat thought with rage. It's Mahi bhai we are talking about. Whom he hates the most.

Mahi just stood there, neither able to comprehend the accusations thrown at him nor able to meet the betrayed eyes of his team. The distrust and hurt was shining clearly in the eyes of the team as they gaped at him, still not able to process the whole thing.

"I didn't do anything", choked Mahi, his voice clogging as he tried to swallow the painful lump formed in his throat. He didn't have the slightest idea of all this. How did all of this happen? He didn't know.

"Then how did this happen MS??", said Sanjay Manjrekar and Virat was already mentally turning him into a pulp. He hated that guy for speaking ill about the team and now was targeting Mahi bhai. How dare he.

"I'm sorry but we have to take the necessary steps. Sorry Virat", said another official a lot more politely but professionally understanding Virat's looks just fine and practically saving Sanjay's life.

And with that the Officials went away, leaving behind a dishevelled team, a broken Mahi and a fuming Virat. Well yes, Virat was fuming. Fuming at the BCCI. Fuming at Sanjay Manjrekar. He didn't know how that guy is still the president of the board governing the entire cricket of a cricketing nation such as India when he wants nothing but doom for it. But he knew he would have killed him today if he had blabbered one more word.

Mahi just turned away and left the room in one go. He ran to his room, locked the door and slumped against a wall. Tears started flowing down his face as he remembered the accusations. One thing that Mahi valued and loved the most in this whole world was the game of cricket, the blue jersey with INDIA written on the front was his life. He couldn't in his whole life think of betraying India but these accusations were saying the same thing. He saw his phone, it was all over the media, all were demanding his expulsion from the team, some were even pulling his family into it. 

But the last straw was pulled when he saw tweets saying that all of this is because of Virat. It is because of the fact that Virat never opposed him that he got the authority and power to do things like this, and Mahi couldn't just bear it. His Cheeku was getting trolled because of him. People already troll him from literally everything he does and now this. 

Mahi suddenly started shivering and crying uncontrollably. His breath got stuck and he gasped for air. The room felt like vacuum with no air inside it. He wanted to scream for help but no voice came out of his mouth. He realized that he was having an anxiety attack.