Part 6

While Yuvi and Mahi spent time at the terrace, Virat had got to work. He downloaded all the photographs -- photoshopped photographs -- that Dada had sent him. And his blood started to boil once again, when he saw those photographs. He couldn't help but think about the extent of audacity these people had to so confidently edit Mahi bhai's face in the photos and circulate them all over the Internet. But now he will show them that they have messed with wrong people. 

Next came the tough part of editing. He knew how develop pictures and videos but didn't know exactly how to break them down to original. "Does anyone know how to break down photoshopped pictures?", Virat asked the room in general. Everyone looked at each other and shook their heads in negative. 
"I know how to edit pictures but not un-editing", said Shikhar, confused. Most of them had the same reaction while the others looked blank, not understanding a thing.

Virat sighed and thought hard. The only name that popped in his mind at that time was Anushka. Anushka had higher knowledge about these things than him. So, without wasting another second, he dialled Anushka's number.

"Hello Virat", greeted a chirpy Anushka.

"Virat Chachuuuuuuu", came the voice of Ziva, who was thrilled at the call of her dearest uncle.  Yes, Anushka was with Sakshi and Ziva. She knew Virat will take care Mahi bhai so she went to Sakshi and Ziva to take care of them. Anushka held the phone to Ziva and Virat talked to her. Virat was actually relieved when he heard Ziva's happy voice, the child is not affected, thought Virat.

When Ziva was done talking (read: ranting), about chocolates and toys and gifts which she wanted, to her Virat Chachu, Virat talked to Sakshi and told her not to worry. He will not let anyone touch Mahi bhai in his watch. And Sakshi trusted him, just like Mahi. Virat was happy that he could relieve some tension from Sakshi's mind.

As Virat was getting side-tracked, Rohit poked him on his shoulder to bring him back. Virat remembered the reason for which he called and asked Anushka if she can help them. Anushka instantaneously agreed, she loved Mahi bhai just like Virat loved him, so she was more than happy to be able to help in the plan. She gave him a list of instructions to go about Photoshop.

Virat followed Anushka's instructions and was soon able to construct the edited photographs to somewhat near the original. And what they saw shook them again. The photographs showed Sanjay himself with a bookie -- shaking hands and laughing in the pictures. And Virat's blood started to boil again. This sorry excuse of human had the audacity to do the fixing himself and put the blame on Mahi bhai, going as far as editing Mahi bhai's face on his own stupid face. Virat knew he would have gone and killed that man and all his acquaintances in this whole scandal if Jinks had not held his arm. Though Jinks's eyes seemed to shower burning meteorites on that Sanjay and his puppet Mehta. 

Virat somehow controlled his anger and continued with his work when Dada walked in with a face full of news. He saw almost the whole team crowded over a laptop and Virat immersed in it. Dada cleared his throat to gain their attention. All of them straightened up at once and Virat finally looked up from the laptop. Dada went and sat beside Virat and peeked in the laptop. Virat didn't need to tell anything to him as he saw Dada glaring daggers at the laptop screen. 

"This is what I managed to get out Dada. This Sanjay himself fixed the match and put the blame on Bhai", said Virat.

"I see. I knew something was fishy about the pictures. That Sanjay..... he is going to die in my hands", said Dada in a such dangerous tone that Jassi who was close to him squirmed a bit away. 

"What did you find Dada?", Virat asked him.

"These", said Dada, handing Virat a file. Virat opened it and saw numerous of bank deeds and agreements. Dada took out two papers from the file and kept it side by side. 

"This is the original bank statement and this is the fake one", said Dada pointing to the papers and Virat looked at him with awe. 

"How did you manage to get these out Dada?", Virat asked, surprised.

"I have a friend who works in the bank. On top of that he is a huge fan of Mahi. So when I asked for help he agreed in a nanosecond. He got the originals out for me", said Dada, grinning. "And also the signatures on these agreements are fake too. I consulted a handwriting expert to get these checked and these signatures came out fake", Dada finished his speech, only to find admiring eyes on him. All of them looked seconds away from bowing down to him. So he said, "Mahiya ke liye toh kuch bhi", making all of them smile. "Vaise Where is Mahi?", he asked suddenly noticing his absence. 

"On the terrace, with Yuvi Paa", answered Rohit. Dada nodded and they continued their research. They played the voice recordings which definitely sounded not Mahi's voice to them. His words, his tone, everything was different from the words spoken by the voice in the recordings. Dada and Virat could bet their life on this fact. 

"They played a very clever game. We have to be two steps ahead of them. If they can fake the bank statements and photographs so convincingly then it would not take them time to bring a witness who will test against us. So we have to extremely careful on what we do", said Virat looking at everyone after their research was over. 

They all nodded at him and started formulating a full proof plan to catch Sanjay and Mehta red handed. They will not have any escape from the ICT now, thought everyone at the same time.

After their planning was over, Virat sent Kuli to call Mahi and Yuvi down. Kuliya hopped from his place and rushed towards the terrace to do the said job. He banged open the terrace door and saw Mahi and Yuvi sitting with back against the parapet and talking. Well, they were talkind and now they were looking at him. 

"Hi Kuliya", said Mahi and Kuliya felt happy instantly as he saw that Bhai was not sad anymore.

"Virat Bhai sent me call you both down to sleep so we can start acting on our plan first thing tomorrow", said Kuliya.

"Were you helping him?", asked Mahi and Kuliya nodded. Mahi felt guilty that Virat was doing so much for him and he didn't even help him as Yuvi pestered poor Kuliya to tell the plan to him. Mahi glared at Yuvi to shut up but looked so conflicted that Kuliya said, "Not only me but all of us were helping Virat Bhai", Assuring Mahi, that Virat Bhai had all the help he needed. 

The three of them went down and Mahi saw that Dada there, along with the entire team. Yuvi and Mahi dashed towards Dada, with Yuvi yelling how unfair it was that Dada had come and no one informed him and they were enjoying with Dada. 

Dada rolled his eyes and said drily, "We were not enjoying. We were working on our plan"

Jaddu and Hardik found Yuvi's expression so hilarious that they started laughing and surprisingly Mahi joined them. Virat would have not stopped them from laughing if it was not late in the night, they needed to sleep if they wanted to get up on time tomorrow. So, he said in a voice of authority, "If you guys haven't checked the time, let me tell you. It's 3 in the night. I don't want to hear one more noise. Everybody go to sleep at once or else..."

He left the threat hanging as all of them, as if someone has given them an shock of obedience, laid down wherever they found space, including Mahi and Yuvi. As Dada continued looking at all of them, amused and grinned as his eyes found Virat's. Virat closed the laptop and he and Dada also laid down. Just before falling asleep, Virat prayed that this fiasco gets over quickly. He was fed up acting all elder brotherly to everyone. He wanted his Mahi bhai back as soon as possible.

He knew that they have hard road to make Mahi forget all this and make him as before.

But he also knew that they will succeed because they are together.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the sixth part. Tell me how it was??

Thank you for all the comments that urged me to update. Your one comment and vote motivates me to write like no other thing can ever do. Thanks for the support. A big hug to everyone.

Love,
Baishali💖