|3|

"One iced coffee," I ordered a drink to a food trunk near the road

"One iced coffee," I ordered a drink to a food trunk near the road. I picked out a magazine from one of the neatly piled racks.

Flipping through pages of a travel magazine, trying to find something out of ordinary.

"Sir, your Iced coffee." a feminine voice interrupted my reading. The lady was back with my drink. I flashed a smile and took the tall cup from her. The food trunk wasn't crowded as it was too early in the morning.

"Would you know any places I should visit before leaving? Of course, other than beach and rave parties?" my mind floats to the senora I met at new years eve. The best day of my life to be honest. I wonder why she left without any notice.

"There is a place.. Um... More like a church." the lady answers.

"A church in Weeksville?!" I chuckled in amazement.

"Yeah, but a bit far from the rage part of the city." she continued in her Brazilian accent.

"Sounds great." I smiled and noted down the location.

* * *

I have been in Weeksville a quite few times but this year unlikely events seem to happen.

I walked into the ancient church barefoot as footwear wasn't allowed. I have never been a strong catholic believer but my mom was.

I remembered the time I told her that I lost my virginity, she started crying in a high-pitched voice "My son you are going straight to hell! I'll pray for you darling!"

Smiling at the high school memories I looked around the huge place, it's was mesmerizing. The paintings on the large walls were unique and ancient.

People kneeled on the floor while others came to view the field of vision. I clicked pictures of the ceilings and the surrounding.

"Momma, why do we close our eyes when we pray?" a soft and appealing voice asked from behind me. I turned around to find a kid around five years kneeling on the floor, his mother kneeled right next to me.

"We close our eyes when we pray, dream, and kiss because the most beautiful things in life are not seen but felt by the heart." the mother answered.

They brought up more memories of my mother. I walked over to the altar and whispered up a prayer for my mother's soul in heaven.

But my eyes immediately caught a lady in a white lacy gown that fit her so well. A hat was kept atop her head for the finishing.

"Wow, what a lovely surprise!" I exclaimed after I neared her, startling her a bit.

She looks up at me, "Yeah, it is." she replied. We then awkwardly faced the alter for a while.

"Your birthday today?" I asked just to begin a conversation.