Six: Heartbreak

They eventually returned to Hogwarts. Oliver was walking alongside all the other students looking worse than ever. He had obviously cried but even the Weasley twins didn't try to cheer him up. They had seen Emily before so they understood that something had happened between them. The Gryffindors walked up to the portrait but the fat lady was gone. Her picture was ripped and she was nowhere to be found. His eyes widen. Sirius Black.

Flitwick ran into the Ravenclaw common room taking everybody's attention. Emily was sitting at a table at the back of the room, avoiding any contact with people. She didn't look up until she heard Flitwick's words. 'In terms of safety, all students will gather in the great hall for tonight.'. Oh great, she thought, all students.

That night, even though they were separated in four groups, based on the houses, there wasn't one moment Oliver didn't try to look at Emily. She felt his stares. She was used to them. But usually she would turn with a smirk or a smile. Now she just closed her eyes, ignoring him completely.

---------------------------------------------------------

The next days were a nightmare. Emily didn't leave the dorm, except for class and Quidditch Practice. She didn't even bother talk to anyone. At Quidditch she was losing her strength.  The black bags under her eye were becoming more and more visible as time passed. Her eyes red. Even the most blind person could realized that she had spent the nights crying. Blair and Brian tried to talk to her see what's going on, but she never talked. Blair was hearing her sobs at night. She couldn't stand it. She just wanted to know what Oliver did to her.

Oliver on the other side, did what he always did when he was broken. Practice. He was becoming more aggressive in Quidditch and the whole team could get that. It was like he was more determined to win than before. He did try to talk to Emily, make things right, but there was no point in doing so. The Weasley twins usually stopped him to check on him. They would go like 'Hey we know the cup is important but what the heck happened with Emily'. Oliver would just roll his eyes and find an alone place to just curse himself. He hated every moment of this, every little second. Until one day he did take it anymore.

'Blair' she heard his voice she stopped talking a big breath.

'Wood, I'm not going to push her in talking to you' she said making him look away. But Blair couldn't help but stare at his tired eyes. They were red and he had been obviously missing sleep. For a moment she saw the similarity between him and Emily. The fact that no one saw them a lot, the missed sleep, the eyes red from crying. She looked away.

'Look, I can't do this anymore' he said. 'But I'm not giving up on her, like never'

'This is definitely not the time to play it the knight in shining armor, Wood' she said making him frown. 'I don't know what you did to her but it killed her. I'm not letting my best friend get hurt like that ever again.'

Oliver just stayed there as Blair left. He felt it again. The heartbreak. Just the thought of Emily laying alone on her bed crying because he acted like a jerk, killed him. He didn't even see it coming. Quidditch was everything to him, yes. But so was Emily.

---------------------------------------------------------

'Emily?' She heard and took her head out of the pillow.

'Cho, I really can't argue about anything right now' she said, returning to her previous position. Cho just smiled awkwardly.

'I just wanted to know what's wrong.' she said and Emily looked up with a frown. Since when did Cho Chang care to ask what was going on? 'Look I know we are not the best of friends' with that Emily let out a small laugh, 'but I really don't like seeing you like that. We are dormmates since day one. And i mean, now were on the team together and stuff.'