Eleven: Cedric Diggory

He walked back to his dorm. People stopped him to congratulate him, and he smiled kindly as he always did. But he wasn't actually listening. He wasn't listening the whispering and the giggles of the girls that spreaded around the corridors everytime he walked. He wasn't listening to the words of happiness from his teammates and he wasn't listening to the words of jealousy from most of the guys of the school. His head was just full of Emily, as it always was. And now most of all how to make her happy again. He couldn't stand looking at her like that, his heart hurt.

He remembered the day he asked her out, how it was probably for revenge to Wood. His feelings were hurt, it was true, but it didn't matter. When he kissed her he felt the world around him change, and his heart flied. But he could feel that something was wrong, that she didn't feel the same way. He had hoped it will change with time, that she would fall for him. But it never happened. Her heart belonged to someone else.

He walked in the Hufflepuff common room. People cheering him for the win. He just put on a kind smile and shook it off. His eyes happy, his smile happy, his heart hurt.

"Cedric!" he heard a voice behind him.

"Lilian? What happened?" he asked with a frown.

"I know why Emily is like that" she said. His eyes suddenly went wide. 

"Why?" he asked. The girl lowered her stare to the floor, like she was regretting something. His thoughts where roaming around his head. 

"She saw me with Oliver before the match" Lilian said and Cedric's eyes widen.

"Oliver kissed you!?" 

"NO! No, of course not. Why would he do that? He's in love with her!" Cedric let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. If Oliver did anything more to her, he would honestly... Never mind that's not the point.

"Then what happened?"

"I saw him in the rain before your match... I knew it wasn't just the match in his mind and as his friend I went to check on him... Emily probably saw us and thought something happened but I would honestly never do that to her..." Lilian said, shaking her head. Her regret was showing, her eyes were almost holding back tears.

"Hey," Cedric said wrapping his arms around the girl, "it's not your fault... You were just being a good friend" Lilian said something that was muffled by his jumper. "Lil, I can't hear you" he said letting out a chuckle.

"Yeah but Emily doesn't think that..." she said after pulling away from him.

"Yeah, but you'll try to tell her, won't you?" he asked making her sigh.

"You think I didn't try?" she started "I ran to her after dinner, but she wouldn't even turn to look at me."

"Just give her some time" he said pulling her back in for a hug, resting his head on hers. "It's going to be okay"

Another muffled sentence came out of Lilian and Cedric chuckled. She pulled away and smiled at him. "Thanks Ced"

"Anytime" he smiled looking down at her.

"You know you're the only guy that doesn't like me because of my looks?" she said with a small laugh

"You know you're the only girl that doesn't like me because of my looks?" Cedric said, laughing with her.

"You're an amazing person, Ced" she said making him smile.

"So are you... And don't ever doubt that..." he said.

---------------------------------------------------------

Cedric walked at breakfast with determination. He found the courage and walked to the Gryffindor table, not wasting any time.

"What are you doing?" he asked sitting in front of Oliver.

"Excuse me?" Oliver asked with a frown. Cedric looked down at his hands, they were still red and bruised. "If you want to laugh at my face for winning, it's not a very good time..."

"Do I look like a person that would laugh at you for a Quidditch match? I even asked for a rematch..." Cedric said. Oliver looked down.

"You're right, I'm sorry"

"Oh that was surprisingly fast" Cedric said under his breath. "Look Wood, why are you doing this to yourself and most of all why are you doing this to Emily?"

"What am I doing to her now? Huh? Nothing!" Oliver said, a bit louder than usual, Cedric's eyes widen. "She did the right thing and broke up with me because I was being a dumbass to her. She's right. I'm not good enough to have a girlfriend... I never had a girlfriend! I never even cared about it. I thought it was a distraction to Quidditch until I met her. I'd rather die than break her heart but look where we're now."

Cedric stayed quiet. He wasn't expecting Oliver to explode like that but he understood it. He understood his pain even though he hadn't experienced it. Cedric always had his way with girls, the problem was, he didn't know how. He didn't try to gain a girl's attention but he did anyway. He had questioned that so many times in his life. The real problem was when he wanted to get a girl's attention... That's when everything went wrong to him.

"Wood... I'll tell you one thing" Oliver looked up at him. "She loves you just as much as you do, maybe even more." Oliver lost interest, he didn't believe Cedric's words. They were almost impossible to be true. But again, almost. "You should just figure out what you really want. And please, for the love of god, do it soon"

With these words, Cedric stood up and went back to the Hufflepuff table. He sat next to Lilian, who seemed nervous. "Do it" he told her. She turned to him. He stared into her blue eyes. "It'll make you feel better" he smiled making her stand up and head to the Ravenclaw table.

Cedric stayed back watching Lilian head to the Ravenclaw table standing in front of a very broken Emily. Her hair was messy and she obviously hadn't slept well. He sighed. "It's going to be okay," he whispered, "You're going to be okay"

And with that he finished his breakfast and walked to the black lake. He sat down. Looking at the water, he smiled. It's going to be okay, he thought, I'm going to be okay.