Eight: Regret

Oliver felt a tap on his shoulder. He practically jumped up but calmed when he saw Lilian standing in the rain next to him. 'Lilian? What are you doing here?' he practically yelled to be heard through the rain. She just took his arm and pulled him under a tree.

'How are you?' she asked. Oliver frowned.

'Pretty stressed...' he said, 'that's going to be a tough match'

'You know very well I'm not talking about the match' she said looking up at him. Oliver looked at his feet. A tear escaped his eyes but the raindrops on his face covered it well. 'Oliver' she said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

'I can't' he said pulling away from her hand.

'You can't what?' she asked.

Oliver took a deep breath. 'Nothing'

'I'm pretty sure it's not nothing' Lilian said and Oliver looked away. 'Oliver talk to me'

'There's nothing to talk about' He said turning to leave.

'You can't what?' she said a bit louder.

'I can't live my life without her, Lils' he yelled at her. 'I can't. I can't wake up in the morning knowing I can't touch her, I can't kiss her, I can't be with her. I'm freaking in love with her. But I acted stupidly and it was all my fault. I can't even imagine my life without her but still, I managed to ignore her. Sometimes I hate myself so much. I'm just such an idiot. Leaving the only girl I want, thinking I don't care enough about her.' he yelled and sat down on the wet grass. He didn't care anymore.

Lilian sat down next to him. 'You're going to get your cloak wet.' he said through sobs making her chuckle. She put her hand on his shoulder.

'I know that it's hard...' she said, 'but we are all here for you Oliver... We really are.'

He looked up at her and forced a weak smile. Water dripped down his face from his hair. He suddenly turned back to the entrance of the castle. His eyes widen when he saw her.

She saw him too. Their eyes met for just a moment. They were so far but so close. Seperate but together. Then her eyes turned to the girl next to him. She looked back at him. She looked back at him and regret filled his face. Her face only showed disappointment, pain. She turned around and left.

Oliver stood up quickly to go after her. But something stopped him. I'm sorry for getting in the way of your dream Oliver, he remembered her words. He looked at his feet as he made his way to the Quidditch Pitch. He held back tears well but it killed him. He felt his world falling apart. His heart being ripped out of his chest. The memories made his vision blur. His feet  felt weak, but he didn't let them stop him. He ran to the tent and since it was quite early no one was there. 

He sat down in one of the benches there, letting his thoughts take over him again. Am I really that bad of a boyfriend?, he thought to himself. No Oliver the way you did it you're not even a boyfriend, he thought burying his head in his hands.

He heard voices outside the tent. Get your shit together man... You have a match to win, he thought and got up putting his determined face on as his soaked wet team entered the locker room.

They walked in and started changing to their scarlet robes. Oliver walked in circles. How was he even going to give his pep talk in that condition? Worse. How was he going to win in that condition?

The team finished changing and turned to him. He took a glance of all of them. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He gulped and shook his head, gesturing them to follow him. They were all confused by his movements. The first match of his last season of Quidditch and he wasn't going to say a word? They just walked after him with no more comments.