Seven: Determined

The Gryffindor team was practicing every day. They had to win that match. After Emily and Oliver broke up the only thing in his mind was the cup. He would make the team practice harder and harder until they couldn't stand on their feet any more.

'He's faking it' Harry claimed about Malfoy when the news came to them by a furious Oliver.

'I know that but we can't prove it' said Oliver. 'And we've been practicing all these moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style's quite different. They've got a new captain and Seeker, Cedric Diggory-' he said not even believing his own words. Diggory first took his girl, he got her back. But now he messed things up and who knows when he was going to make a move on her again. He couldn't lose to him. Not again.

The girls started giggling and Oliver frowned. 'What?' he asked.

'He's that tall good looking one isn't it?' Angelina said making him scoff.

'Strong and Silent' said Katie and they giggled again making Oliver roll his eyes. Fred caught that and took a place in the conversation.

'He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together' With that Oliver gave Fred a "thank you" look. 'I don't know why you're worried, Oliver, Hufflepuff is a pushover. Last time we played them, Harry caught the snitch in about five minutes, remember?'

'We were playing in completely different conditions!' Oliver said making Fred sit back. 'Diggory's put a very strong side together! He's an excellent Seeker! I was afraid you'd take it like this! We mustn't relax! We must keep our focus! Slytherin is trying to wrong-foot us! We must win!'

---------------------------------------------------------

'I just can't take it anymore' said Fred sitting down next to Blair. 'He's become that obsessed with Quidditch monster'

'It can't be that bad' Blair said as she stuffed her mouth with food.

'Are you kidding me? You don't know Wood the way I do' he said. 'The break up with Emily made him worse than he already was...'

'Well not only him...' Blair claimed and Fred frowned. She turned her head and Fred followed her sight. He saw Emily talking with Roger Davies. They had some papers on the table, probably discussing Quidditch tactics.

'Bloody hell' he claimed.

'After the breakup she's been more determined than ever to win the cup. You can't believe how many times a day I listen to her "I won't let Oliver win" speech.' she said. 'She just thinks that he will realize that taking breaks to be with the people you love is important even if Quidditch is important too... But in the way...'

'She became like him herself' Fred said.

'Exactly'

'They have to get together again, for the sake of all of us' Fred said and Blair rolled her eyes.

'With their egos?' she asked looking at him. 'Very difficult'

---------------------------------------------------------

'Hey, Emily' she heard and turned.

'Cedric' she smiled as he walked up to her.

'I... Um... How are you?' he asked. 'I mean with the Quidditch season starting'

'I know that you're talking about me and Wood breaking up and actually, I'm fine' she said making him frown.

'What? I mean.. How? You guys were... Really... I don't even know what I want to say' he chuckled rubbing the back of his neck.

'Anyway, you're playing against him tomorrow right?' she said and Cedric sighed.

'Don't even mention it' he said. 'We thought we were playing you first, and not tomorrow, in January. Just for a scratch the whole season is messed up.'

'I know' she said. 'Anyway, how have you been, Captain?' she smirked making him laugh. Cedric started talking, but what they didn't notice was Oliver walking by. He had a lot of papers and books in his hands although he couldn't help but listen to her voice. He suddenly felt a knife going through his heart as his thoughts were becoming true. Diggory's going to win, again, he thought.

---------------------------------------------------------

The weather was horrible and it was getting worse by second. Oliver was im the common room walking around in circles. He felt a knot in his stomach. He had to win. He had to. The team went into the great hall for breakfast. Oliver didn't want to eat though. He just stared at his food and gulped.

'It's going to be a tough one' he sighed.

'Stop worrying Oliver' Alicia said as they went out of the common room 'we don't mind a bit of rain'

The first match of his last season. The last time he played on the Hogwarts league. The last chance to win the Quidditch Cup. It all became real. Suddenly, he couldn't bare any more distractions.

And as he actually started believing that, Emily walked in. He turned to her. She was wet. She was out of the castle but why. All the thoughts about the cup just left as she walked up to Cedric. She said something that he thought was "good luck" and hugged him. Oliver went sick. Not again, he thought, not again. He stood up and made his way out of the hall. Memories of her being with Cedric, being in his arms, kissing him, made their way into Oliver's head. As hard as he tried to get them out he couldn't. He felt like it was happening again. Like their relationship never happened. It hurt him, a lot. He loved her. He truly did, he just didn't know how to show it right. While the thoughts were running in his head he felt a tap on his shoulder.

---------------------------------------------------------

Emily saw Oliver leaving and thought that at least she could tell him good luck.

'Hey, where are you going?' Blair asked, 'We've got a lot of time till the match'

'Yeah I... I just want to get some fresh air' she said blankly.

'In the rain?' Blair raised an eyebrow, 'If you're going to Oliver just tell me why...'

'I'm not going to Oliver...' she said looking around.

'Yeah right' Blair rolled her eyes. 'Em, don't do this to yourself...'

'Do what to herself?' Brian made his way to them. They both turned to him and laughed looking at his face. The yellow and black facepainting were making the words Cedric Diggory on his forehead. On his cheeks the number five, Cedric's Quidditch number, was displaying.

'Oh look, Brian turned into a Diggory poster' said Blair with a laugh.

'Could you be more of a fangirl?' Emily said making Brian scoff.

'He's single isn't he?' Brian said with a smirk.

'Straight. For another time, he's straight Brian' said Blair trying to not laugh hysterically. 'I mean, he dated Emily'

'Oh that's right' said Brian with a scoff. 'Just imagine how Wood feels about this match.'

'What do you mean?' Emily asked with a frown.

'It's raining like mad outside, it's the first match of his last Quidditch season and his playing against one of the ex-boyfriends of his ex-girlfriend that he's probably still in love with.' said Brian making both Emily and Blair's eyes wide open. 'I'm the Hufflepuff but sometimes I'm smarter than both of you'

'Maybe I should go' Emily said. 'I mean a good luck is not that bad.'

'Oh no' Brian said. 'That was so not what I meant. I mean remember why you broke up with him'

'No, I'm going' she said and ran before any one of them could tell her different.

She ran out of the great hall and into the rain. It was difficult to see around with the storm. She couldn't even imagine flying in this weather. She suddenly spotted Oliver and went to run, but something stopped her. She saw him, but he wasn't alone.

Lilian?