Ten: Move On

Oliver finally went out to the world, many heads turning to look at him. Some stared at his red eyes, others laughed at his presence, while others stared at his bloody knuckles. He looked away, not wanting to be seen as a coward or a crybaby, because he wasn't that. He knew he wasn't that. Every time he felt vulnerable he wanted no one to see him. No one to know it. No one, except her.

Emily.

He walked in the great hall immediately locking eyes with her. 

She locked eyes with a figure that seemed like him.

Her eyes were sad, red from crying.

His eyes were red, full of pain.

Her hands were shaking.

His hands were hurting.

She looked at the bruises, suddenly realizing his pain, feeling his pain.

He turned his head first, not baring the eye contact anymore.

They ate their meals like every other time, completely, but not at all, ignoring the other. Her heart beating fast, his heart beating faster. Her heart hurting, his heart hurting more.

"I don't want to break this little silence thing of yours, but what the hell was that in the match earlier?" Blair asked stuffing food into her mouth. The match had cost them their lunch and she wasn't going to let anything let her lose another meal. 

"What the hell was what?" Emily asked, the plate in front of her still full.

"With Lilian... What happened with Lilian?" she asked her friend, making her roll her eyes. "Oh no, don't roll your eyes at me, okay?"

"I saw her with him," she said and Blair frowned, "before the match."

"Were they kissing or something?" she asked.

"No, they were just..."

"Talking?" Emily looked at her. Blair groaned. "Em, you're overreacting as always... The fact that they were talking doesn't mean anything is happening between them. And believe me, nothing could happen between them. Why? Because first, Lilian is a good person and she would never do that to you, and second... Oliver is in love with you"

Blair yelled the last words without realizing. Some people turned at the Ravenclaw table. Emily turned a red colour. Blair's eyes went wide as she let a small chuckle. "Thank Merlin the Gryffindor table didn't hear" Emily claimed as Blair started laughing with her temper. 

"Look, it's true, and you know it. I don't know what you feel but he's in love with you. I know you're the one who ended things and I'm totally with you on that. I'm just stating the facts here."

"I didn't end things because I don't love him anymore" 

"I know," Blair said, "but you know it was the right thing to do." 

"I know"

"But you can't live a life either regretting that decision, or being hurt by that decision." Blair said and Emily looked at her best friend. "You should either go back and work it out, or accept it and move on"

One of these moments Emily could really see why Blair was sorted into Ravenclaw. Many people who met Blair mistook her for a Slytherin, for her sarcasm and her character. But the people who knew her, knew her wisdom, her wit, her intelligence. She had these traits, and when she wanted she could really show them. 

"Now let me eat my food in peace" she finished making Emily let out a chuckle. 

---------------------------------------------------------

"Cedric, congrats on the win!" Brian said resting his head on his hand.

"Thanks Brian" Cedric said. His thoughts returned to the meeting with Emily after the match. "Hey, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure!" Brian answered with pure excitement.

"Emily was crying after the match"

"What?" Brian's eyes went wide. 

"Yeah, I was talking to her and she tried to smile and be herself but she was holding back tears. I know seeing Oliver is hard for her, but could that be just it?" Cedric said, frowning his eyebrows.

"I don't know," Brian started, "she seemed a little stressed through the match too, but I can't put a pin on it". He stopped for a second and turned at Cedric with a raised eyebrow. "For Emily's ex you're really comfortable at talking about her and Oliver"

"I'm the first person who will be extremely happy when they get back together" Cedric said and Brian frowned. "She wasn't happy when we dated, I felt it, but with Oliver... I saw her smiling brighter than ever. She was truly happy. And that's actually all I want for her." 

Brian was ready to cry from the "cuteness" of what Cedric had just said. Cedric looked back at  the Ravenclaw table and his heart hurt, watching Emily being like that. "You love her, don't you?" Brian asked and Cedric sighed.

"I do. But that's exactly why she and Oliver have to get back together as soon as possible"

"Good luck with that." Brian said making Cedric slightly chuckle.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Davies I'm going to kill you" Emily ran to the pitch.

"I forgot to tell you, didn't I" Roger wrinkled his nose.

"No, no, that's not why I'm late at a practice I DIDN'T KNOW WE HAD" she said.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

"I'm co-captain... CO-CAPTAIN ROGER. I think you're supposed to tell me when we have a surprise practice" she said making him look away.

"I know... sorry"

"It's okay"

"OKAY LISTEN UP" Davies yelled at the team when they were all in the pitch. "We're playing Hufflepuff in three weeks which gives us a huge head start. They are already tired from their match with Gryffindor, and they're going to be extra confident since they won. They're going to think we're going to be an easy match and that's exactly what we won't be-"

"I'm sorry Rog, but you're wrong" Emily said.

"I'm what?"

"The Hufflepuffs are nothing like the Gryffindors. The Gryffindors are the ones that would think that we are an easy match. The Hufflepuffs won't think they can win against us, because they know we're strategically better. Wood's team thought very little of Diggory's and you saw what happened. But Diggory is smart. He'll prepare his team for everything. And that's exactly why the only head start we're getting is that they are tired. But they're hard-workers. Don't underestimate Diggory. The thing we should do, is to spot their weaknesses and hit there. And most of all, practice more than we breathe" 

The whole team's eyes widen. Roger was smirking. "And that's one of these times... The times I wander why the hell you're not Captain" 

"Let's crush the Hufflepuffs" Emily smirked.
---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: okay I ensure you that the next chapters will not be THAT dramatic. I'm sorry for the drama and the dramatic writing but... What can you do?