2.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Emilia heard George and Fred argue in their living room. She was sitting in George's bedroom, shaking heavily. 
She had to leave her house as soon as possible and all her things were already packed. But she didn't have anywhere to stay. Of course George immediately offered his apartment, but Fred didn't seem to agree with that at all.

"You could have atleast discussed it with me first?!"
She heard Fred say.
"You wanna let her live on the streets then?" George answered, raising his voice at him.
No answer, before a big sigh followed.

The voices calmed down and not a minute later George walked into the room. Emilia looked up.
"I can leave, you know." she murmured.
"You're not going anywhere. Whether Fred likes it or not, you are staying." he said, sitting down next to her on the edge of the bed. He pulled her into his arms and she finally let all the stress she had bottled up inside of her go.
Tears slowly fell down her face, as she tried to catch her breath again.

"How long did you know you had to leave?" he asked in a calm, soothing voice.
"A week ago." she answered. "I don't know.. I didn't know where to go anymore. And then I thought of you."
"You did right by asking me." George said quickly.
"We will make sure your stuff will be stored and you can stay with me for however long you need. Don't worry about that."

Emilia looked up and nodded, smiling gratefully.
"Fred is gonna hate me, isn't he?"
"Fred needs to stop being a baby and accept the fact you're my best friend. He could've seen it coming." George smirked and placed a kiss on top of her head. "But I'll talk to him, don't worry."

George then stood up and looked at Emilia. She looked so tired and stressed. It seemed like she could break down at any moment.
"Why don't you go to sleep?" George suggested.
"That actually sounds nice. I've barely slept these days."
George nodded and smiled, worry taking over in his mind.
"You can grab a shirt from me. I'll join you later, okay? I'm not quite ready to sleep yet."
Emilia stood up and grabbed a random shirt from his wardrobe. She looked at George, who was silently watching her.
"Thank you." she said shyly. "This means a lot to me."
"That's what I'm here for, Emilia. Now go get some rest."

Emilia watched as he closed the door behind him. She smiled to herself and quickly changed into George's shirt. It was so big on her. She always loved to steal his clothes. He didn't mind either.
She quickly got into George's bed and fell asleep within minutes, not having one worry in mind.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Emilia woke up by the light snoring of her best friend. She opened her eyes, looking over to George. She looked at the clock and realised it was morning. She slept the whole night through.
George was still fast asleep, probably enjoying his day off. The weekend staff took over now and both twins had time to get some good rest.
She smiled slightly at him, being so grateful to have him as her best friend. Even after all these years.

She silently got out of bed and walked over to the window. It was around nine in the morning and the streets of Diagon Alley slowly began to fill up. It always looked so joyful around here and after the boys added their colourful shop, it became even better.
Especially after the battle of Hogwarts, they had become a tiny light in the darkness for most people.

She looked over at the store. It was right across from the twins' apartment. It wasn't so busy just yet, but she knew that would change very soon.
It was easy for the boys to jump in to help when it was really needed, since they lived so close by. But the weekend staff always did a good job of handling the shifts and the work that needed to be done.

"Morning." a raspy voice sounded from the bed.
Emilia turned around and smiled brightly.
Her arms were resting on her waist. She was cold and still a bit sleepy.
"Goodmorning, Georgie." she said.
George was resting his head on his hand, as he was propped up on his elbow.
"How are you feeling? Did you sleep well?" he asked.
"I slept great. Thank you." she said in all honesty, while she walked over to the bed and sat down.
The relief on George his face accompanied a beautiful smile.
"I was thinking we could grab all your stuff today. Make sure everything is safe?" George suggested.
"I- uh, yes that'd be fantastic George." she beamed, nodding gratefully.
"Fred is helping too, if you don't mind?"

Emilia's face changed for a second. A confused look came upon it. She didn't understand that guy at all. What did he want to accomplish with this? One moment he doesn't want her around and the next he's helping her move in?

"If you don't want to.. that's ok-"
"No, it's fine! The more help the better." she said quickly, trying to smile. But her mind was taking up extra time trying to understand what Fred was up to.
"I know it may be weird. Especially how he reacted yesterday. But I talked to him yesterday and I think you just need to give him some time."
"I gave him all the time in the world you know. I was away for five years and he never contacted me." she said annoyingly.
"You never contacted him either though." George said, sitting up and putting his hand through his hair.

Emilia sighed and turned around to face him. She hated it when he was right.
"Okay, stop being so smart." she rolled her eyes. "Now, can I borrow a shirt from you today?"
He laughed cheekily and stood up to grab a shirt for her.
A knock on the door made her look up.
"Come in." she said slowly, knowing fully well it would be Fred.

He opened the door, two cups of coffee in his hand. He smiled apologetically.
"You guys want some coffee?" he asked.
Emilia couldn't help but smile. She hated the effect he had on her.
"I'd love that." she admitted.
He handed her the cup of coffee.
"George, can I talk to Emilia for a second?" he asked.
"Ofcourse, Fred." George replied.
He threw the shirt to Emilia and left the room after.

"Hey, look." Fred said and sighed loudly. "I'm sorry for my reaction yesterday. I wasn't myself. Or, well, I was. But to be honest, I'm happy you are back. And I realise that now."

"Fred, I know you probably don't mean it in a bad way. But you have to realise that it does hurt whenever you act like that."
"I know, Emilia. I'm sorry. I really am." Fred nodded slowly. "I mean, I didn't want to tell you. But sometimes I just don't know how to act around you. One moment we are flirting around and the next we ignore eachother."

Emilia's cheeks turned red. So she didn't imagine it back in the days.
"Well, I never stopped acting that way. It was you who started ignoring me again."
"I didn't want- I didn't want to distract you with your study. That's all it was. And you never contacted me either."

Damn, she hated the twins.
She laughed nervously and put down her coffee.
"For what it's worth, I'd love to have you back in the shop. I was confused as to what happened, but George explained everything and I understand it now. I need your handy work back."

"Thank you, Fred." she said. "And I'm glad you want to help me out today too. Is it okay if I stay at yours and your brothers place for a while?"
He rolled his eyes and nodded.
"Ofcourse it is." he said, clearly feeling better.
"Now I'll leave you alone to change. I'll be waiting in the living room."

Fred wanted to turn around, when Emilia grabbed his hand.
"Can I have a hug, maybe?" she mumbled.
Freds looked at her for a second, before he opened his arms and let her in.
And wow- that felt so good! She had missed this.

George came into the room, just as Fred left, and saw the red blush on Emilia's face.
"You hate him, but you are so weak for him too." he laughed loudly.
"Oh, shut up, George!" she said.
"It's true. Your whole face is as red as a tomato."
"It's not true, I'm not weak for him!" she said irritated. "Now can I go change?"
He laughed loudly as he left the room again, leaving her alone with her thoughts and her speed up heartbeat.
This was gonna be harder than she thought.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧