7.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[Trigger Warning: Death at the end of the chapter.]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

A week went by and, as Emilia promised George, they actually worked hard. They got lots of sales and lots of compliments from the costumers. It made them all really happy to hear such good feedback.
The words around Diagon Alley were that the cute girl from before was back. Which made her very flattered, but also a bit insecure. George and Fred liked the attention she got, it made the shop even more popular and that, ofcourse, got them more income.
But she didn't really like all the attention she got. She didn't need it.
Luckily both Fred and George quickly realised she didn't feel so good. And they took turns staying around her one day.
After a good talk to the both of them, work was back to normal though.
She managed to see the good side of it and took the time to talk to costumers. Sometimes even the flirty ones.
To her pleasure, Fred always found a way to cut the person off. It was quite fun to see Fred his jealous side. It wasn't so difficult to let him show it either. Which sometimes was a good thing, but often was a bad thing too.

Outside of work Emilia and Fred worked on their relationship. They spend evenings together in their room, hiding away from the two lovebirds in the living room. Since they made it official, it felt like everything was out in the open.
It was a bit annoying, since her belongings were just moved to George his room. And now, Lee was there almost every single day.
But for now, there was no time to change it. And whenever Lee wasn't around, she chilled out with George. Talking about his adventures with Lee. So even then, she couldn't bring herself to move everything again.

But most nights, Fred and Emilia were together. And since the kisses they shared at the shop on Monday, it felt a bit more exciting now. Fred opened up more. He flirted with her, kissed her as often as possible and tried to make her smile almost every time he got the change. When she didn't feel good, he was always there to cheer her up.
It didn't feel like the old Fred at all, the stubborn Fred seemed to have left his body entirely.

Up until an old friend arrived at the shop on Friday morning.
Her beautiful Scottish accent was still as strong as ever. Her jetblack hair, still as long and wavy as always. And her smile still made Emilia weak on the knees.
Cho Chang, Ravenclaws prettiest in Emilia's opinion. The girl she had a short fling with, but also always had a soft spot for.

She was talking to George about buying a Pygmy Puff and Emilia listened as she restocked a shelf.
Cho hadn't seen her yet, she was too busy getting information about the Puffs.
"She's pretty, isn't she?" she heard a whisper.
Lee had sneaked up behind her and almost made her drop all the products in her hands.

"Didn't you have a short fling with her back at school?" he asked, still staring at the woman in front of them.
"How do you even know that?" she sighed.
"How do you think?" he said sarcastically, pointing at George.
Lee was right, that had been a stupid question. Ofcourse he had told Lee. Unfortunately he had told Lee.
"Do you still fancy her, though?" he then asked.
"No, I- uh," she stuttered, getting surprised by the question. She didn't know what to answer. Because just as with Fred, it had always been a bit complicated.

"I don't fancy her." she said after a while. "She's gorgeous and super sweet, but she wasn't good for me. She wasn't what I wanted in the end."
But that had been a lie. Cho was the one who ended the fling and Emilia had never wanted it to stop. She was hurt by the way Cho had acted, but eventually they had made up. They stayed friends, but didn't really talk to each other anymore.
But now, several years later, she had grown older and even more prettier. And Emilia hated herself for thinking about her that way.