𝖎𝖎.𝖎𝖝 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓

HAVEN RAN DOWN the hallway of the medical center, her blonde hair streaking behind her

HAVEN RAN DOWN the hallway of the medical center, her blonde hair streaking behind her. She ignored the calls of a nurse telling her to stop, only having one thing on her mind. The girl kept running, everything around her a blur.

She finally halted in front of the only door with the light on. Before she could walk in, a peacekeeper stood in front of the door, blocking her. "Sorry. No unauthorized persons allowed." He stated firmly.

"That's my brother! How the hell am I unauthorized?" She continued to yell at the peacekeeper, who still refused to move. The blonde continued arguing with the peacekeeper, until a doctor walked up, telling him to let her in.

Haven had been so focused on getting into the room, she hadn't processed what would be on the other side of the door. Her twin laid in the hospital bed, covered in bandages and hooked up to several wires. "Sawyer, oh my god." She breathed out as she went over and wrapped her arms around her brother, who blinked his eyes awake.

"Wh-what happened?" He mumbled, looking up at her. "Well, you died." Sawyer looked at her, confusion in his eye. "So did Thalia. There were two cannons. They rushed you both to the hospital, but she didn't make it." Haven explained, Sawyer nodding. "Does that mean...?" Sawyer trailed off. "Yes. You won. Also scared the living shit out of me." She replied with a smile.

"Nice. The Cleary's have a perfect record of winning battles to the death." He laughed, before slightly wincing in pain. "Hey, don't make me want to kill you now, you just came back from the dead." Haven chuckled, lightly slapping him on the shoulder.

A few moments later, the doctor who'd let Haven in the room entered, along with the other district four victors.

"Glad to see you're awake Mr. Cleary." The doctor spoke. "You've still got a long road of recovery ahead of you though. The injury you sustained on your arm was from a dirty weapon, and therefore quickly got infected." The doctor explained. "I'm going to have to amputate it, and you'll stay here for a few weeks to fully recover." The doctor said. Sawyer's eyes widened at the word 'amputate' and he groaned as he threw his head back onto the pillow.

"As for the rest of you, visitors aren't allowed in the surgical ward, so I suggest you say your goodbyes for now, and head home." The doctor said to the rest of the group. Haven opened her mouth to protest, but was cut off by Garrett. "Haven there's nothing you can do to help him for now, let the doctors do their job. He'll be home in a few weeks." Haven nodded, although she still looked hesitant.

The other mentors bid their goodbyes to Sawyer, letting Haven go last. "Don't you dare die on me again." She jokingly scolded. "When you're out of surgery, get one of these idiots around here to get you a phone and call me." Sawyer laughed and nodded. "Got it. Tell mom and dad and Ash that I'm good, and that I can't wait to see them." He said, Haven nodding.

She gave her twin a hug, before walking out the door, waving goodbye.

HAVEN LAID IN HER bed on the train, where she'd been tossing and turning for hours, peaceful sleep evading her no matter how hard she tried. Everytime she would fall asleep, images of her brother dying in the arena plagued her.