𝖎.𝖛 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

A LOUD KNOCK ON HER DOOR the next morning awakened Haven from her slumber

A LOUD KNOCK ON HER DOOR the next morning awakened Haven from her slumber. "Up, up, up! We're arriving in the Capitol in 45 minutes. You have to look your best for the cameras!" Pandora chirped.

The girl groaned, burying her face into her pillow before reluctantly dragging herself out of bed. She went into the bathroom and splashed cold water on her face in an attempt to look somewhat alive. Haven walked into the expansive closet that was practically the size of her room at home. She dressed in a flowy short white skirt and a blouse in her favorite hue of blue. A faint smile appeared on the girls lips, as the color of the shirt reminded her of the ocean in District 4. She slipped on a pair of tan sandals and combed through her thin blonde hair with her fingers. Haven glanced at herself in the floor length mirror, approving of her average appearance, before exiting her room.

She entered the main car to find Spencer, Pandora and the mentors sitting at the dining table, already eating. Haven sat down in the empty seat between Collin and Sebastian. Her stomach was knawing, so the girl started piling her plate with steaming eggs, crispy bacon and fluffy pancakes. "Damn princess, you're eating for a whole army." Collin joked. "Hey, I think it's good. Wouldn't hurt to bulk up before you go into the arena." Chlöe remarked from across the table. Haven gave an approving nod as she shoveled more food into her mouth, noticing that Spencer was doing the same. The Capitol food was extremely rich and exquisite, the girl had never felt that satisfied by a meal before.

A few minutes later, the plates were cleared by Avoxes, and Haven got up and sat near the window. The girl's jaw dropped in awe at the sight of the Capitol appearing in the distance. She was stunned at the sight of the tall glimmering buildings that constituted the magnificent skyline. The train soon entered a tunnel, making everything go black. The train entered the light again, and Haven gasped when she saw Finnick sitting next to her, not realizing that he had been there. He started laughing, which prompted Haven to smack him on the arm. "Hey! What was that for.", he remarked. "I'm just practicing my self defense." Haven smirked, "Not to mention you scared the living shit out of me." she continued. "Hm. Your combat skills could use some improvement." he said sarcastically.

Before Haven could shoot back a snarky response, she was caught off guard by the masses of Capitol citizens she saw outside the window. She stared out at them, unsure of what to do she looked over at Finnick. He mouthed, "wave and smile". The blonde girl did just that, catalyzing an eruption of applause and cheers from the audience. "Great job princess, they already love you!" Collin shouted from across the room. "Oh! Please please sign my autograph. I'm your number one fan." Sebastian cried in a high pitched voice, clearly poking fun at the Capitol citizens. Everyone found this quite entertaining, apart from Pandora who snapped, "Enough. Everyone in place to get off now."

Haven and Spencer were the first to step on the platform, with Pandora and their mentors behind them. The two tributes were instantly consumed by the sound of people shouting their names. As they walked, Spencer held his head high, waving to the adoring citizens. Haven made sure to wave as well. Much to Pandora's dismay, the blonde kept slowing down the group to shake the hands of the excited small children who had inched their way to the front. Haven greeted everyone with a kind smile, which only made the audience cheer for her more.