𝖎𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖎 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞

HAVEN SWUNG OPEN THE LARGE WOODEN DOOR of her family's home in the Victor's Village, calling out to her parents as she discarded her bags by the door

HAVEN SWUNG OPEN THE LARGE WOODEN DOOR of her family's home in the Victor's Village, calling out to her parents as she discarded her bags by the door. "We're in the kitchen, Hav!" Cecile responded, Haven making her way down the hall, Sawyer following behind her. The blonde was met with a swallowing hug from her mother, whose hands and apron were covered in flour.

"Mommmm!" She groaned, brushing the white powder off of her clothes. "Oh shush!" Cecile laughed, smudging flour on her daughters cheek. "Missed you too mom." Cecile then beckoned Sawyer over, embracing him in a flour-covered hug. Haven cracked a smile, walking over and hugging her dad's shoulders, Shane intently focused on a crossword puzzle. "Happy you kids are home, it's too quiet when you're gone. Fuckin creepy." He chuckled.

"Neither of you bothered to ask what I was doing, but I thought it'd be nice to have everyone over for dinner. Make everyone a good old fashioned home cooked meal. Even the Capitol food can't beat that." Cecile spoke, returning to her cooking.

"Looks great, Mom. M'sure everyone will love it." Sawyer responded, swiping a carrot off of the counter and biting into it. Cecile smacked his hand, the carrot falling back on the counter. "Stop eating my ingredients!" She jokingly scolded. "Alright, alright! I'll go unpack and stay out of your way, Madame Chef." He laughed, backing out of the kitchen, Haven behind him.

Haven dragged her bags up the stairs, before flopping back onto her plush bed. Sawyer appeared a few minutes later, leaning on the doorframe. "Wow. Lots of progress being made in here." He said sarcastically, Haven responding by holding her middle finger up to her brother from her sprawled out position on the bed.

"Have you told Mom and Dad yet? About you and Finnick?" He asked. "Well did I say anything about it downstairs?" She responded, lifting her head up to look at her twin. "No." Sawyer answered. "Well, then there's your answer Sherlock." She quipped back.

"I don't know why I'm nervous to tell them." She groaned, lightly smacking her head back onto the pillow. "You have nothing to worry about, they basically already consider him family, Haven." Sawyer responded, his sarcastic tone replaced with a genuine one. "Ugh, you're right. I hate when you're right." Haven rolled her eyes, chucking a pillow at her brother.

"Oh shit!" Haven heard Cecile exclaim from her spot on the couch. "I'm all out of vanilla extract. I need it for the cake." Her mother groaned. "Mom, relax. I'll go see if Mallory or Finnick has any." She responded. "You're my hero, Hav." Cecile yelled out as Haven walked out the door.

Haven made the twenty yard walk to Finnick's, knocking lightly on the heavy door. The Odair boy opened the door, the corners of his mouth tugging into a smile when he saw Haven standing there. "Hello my beauty." He said as she stepped inside.

"My beauty. That's new." She laughed. "Trying out some nicknames, what d'ya think?" He responded. "It's sweet." She blushed.

"How about honey?"
"Cute."