𝖎𝖎.𝖎 𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖈𝖞

"Ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one hundred

"Ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one hundred." Finnick counted just as Haven emerged from the water, gasping for air. "I think that's a new record." The girl responded in between airy breaths. "Not bad. I could do better." He gloated. "Yeah right. I'd like to see you try." Haven said, shoving him backwards into the water.

He emerged only a few seconds later, spitting water out. "Hey! Not fair, that doesn't count." Finnick complained. "Sore loser." The Cleary girl giggled, splashing him in the face.

The Odair boy immediately returned the favor, and within a few seconds it had turned into a full on water war. A war that ended with both of them coughing up water and arguing that they were obviously the winner.

Haven swam out farther, past where her feet could touch the bottom, Finnick soon catching up to her. The blonde floated in place, looking out at the horizon. "Have you ever thought of just making a break for it? Swimming so far away that you're any place but here?" The girl asked. "All the time. But then I remember there's sharks." The boy said with a smirk. "I'll take the sharks over Snow any day." The girl joked, although there was a hint of truth to her words.

The pair swam for a while longer before retreating to the sand. Haven wrapped herself in her towel, Finnick using his to dry his hair, leaving it sticking up in every direction. "You look ridiculous Fin." Haven teased. "Yeah. Ridiculously good looking." He smirked. "Oh shut up." She said, shoving his arm.

Finnick put on a pair of shorts and Haven slipped on her dress before they left the beach, still covered head to toe in sand. The two walked into town, wanting to stop at the market. Haven purchased a whole salmon from a fisherman, and some broccoli and peaches from a produce vendor.

Haven turned around after putting the produce into her bag and noticed Finnick was gone. "Finnick? Where'd you go?" The blonde called out with no response. A few minutes passed and she was about to go looking for him when he strolled around the corner with a small blue bag in his hand.

"Where were you? I was just about to start worrying?" The blonde asked, the irritation clear in her voice. "Relax Hav I'm fine. Just picked up a surprise." He reaches into the bag, pulling out a small cellophane bag filled with peppermint candies, the blonde's favorite. "For you." He smiled, handing the bag to the girl.

"Thanks. Sorry I yelled at you." The blonde laughed, popping one of the candies into her mouth. "What else did you get?" She asked. Finnick didn't say anything, instead reaching into the bag and pulling out a sugar cube, before popping it in his mouth and chewing it obnoxiously slowly.

"I should've known. I think you're 90% sugar at this point." Haven said, rolling her eyes at him. "Must be why I'm so sweet." He responded. "Could you be any more annoying?" The blonde asked. "Yes. Would you like me to be?" The Odair boy smirked, chewing another sugar cube. Haven didn't even glorify his remark with a response, instead she just hit him on the arm.