𝖎𝖎.𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊

HAVEN'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, adjusting to the light streaming into the room

HAVEN'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, adjusting to the light streaming into the room. She turned her head and saw Finnick sitting next to her, watching the television.

"Morning sunshine." He smirked, glancing down at her. Haven yawned as she propped herself up to sit next to him. "Is Sawyer okay? What happened while I was asleep?" She questioned.

"Sawyer and Melody are both fine they haven't run into anyone. The Careers have picked off almost all of the tributes. It's just those four, the boy from seven, Melody and Sawyer left." Finnick replied, Haven raising her eyebrows.

Haven swung her legs over the side of the bed, hopping out of it. She walked out into the main area, Finnick following behind her. "She resurfaces!" Collin said with a chuckle. The blonde went and sat on the couch with the other mentors, and an Avox brought her a cup of coffee, Haven thanking her.

The screen panned out to show the entire arena, before Claudius Templesmith's voice sounded. "Attention tributes. Commencing at midday, there will be a feast at the Cornucopia. This will be no ordinary occasion, each of you needs something desperately, and we plan to be generous hosts."

"What are we going to send them?" Finnick asked. "Simple. A spear for Melody and a bow for Sawyer." Garrett replied.

SAWYER AND MELODY packed up all of their things and began heading towards the Cornucopia. "Alright, I'm going to run and grab the bags, and you guard me." Sawyer said to her. "Sounds good." Melody replied.

After walking for a while, the pair were finally in the tree line outside the Cornucopia. The other tributes were concealed as well, so the pair didn't know what direction they would come from. In front of the Cornucopia, a table had four bags, marked with four numbers: 1, 2, 4 and 7. District 4's bag was the largest, 7's the smallest.

A gong sounded, and Sawyer sprinted into the clearing, Melody behind him. The tribute from 7 came from the other direction, running towards the center. Sawyer and the boy from 7 reached the table at the same time. The two glanced at each other fearfully, before quickly swiping their bags and taking off in opposite directions.

Just as Sawyer disappeared into the tree line, he heard an ear piercing scream. He hid behind a tree next to Melody, peeking his head around. BOOM. The girl from one's body dropped to the ground, the boy from 7's axe dug deep into her stomach.

BOOM. Only a few seconds later, the boy from 7 laid dead next to the girl he had killed, as the girl from two pulled her machete out of his heart.

"Let's get out of here." Sawyer whispered, him and Melody taking off into the woods. After a while, the two stopped, sitting in the middle of a well concealed cluster of trees. Sawyer opened the bag, pulling out the spear and the bow and arrow.