𝖎𝖎.𝖝𝖎 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖘

THUNDER ECHOED THROUGH THE SKY, the rain soaking through Haven and Finnick's clothes, the only sense of warmth being their connected lips, and his hands resting on her cheeks

THUNDER ECHOED THROUGH THE SKY, the rain soaking through Haven and Finnick's clothes, the only sense of warmth being their connected lips, and his hands resting on her cheeks. Haven pulled back slightly, pressing her forehead to his, a wide grin spreading across her face. Her eyes fluttered open after a moment, looking into Finnick's eyes, the sea green of his irises barely visible behind the black of his pupils.

"Can you say it again? Just have to make sure I heard you right." The Odair boy said as his face broke into a smile. Haven laughed, dropping her forehead to his shoulder for a moment before lifting it again.

"I" She started, before pressing a light kiss to his lips. "Love" She continued, kissing him again. "You." Haven finished, again followed by a short kiss.

Without warning, Finnick grabbed her by the waist, picking her up and spinning her around once. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear those three words." He beamed, looking down at her.

"I could say the same exact thing, Odair." She replied, lacing her fingers in between his in between them. "C'mon, it's freezing out here, let's go inside." He spoke, using their connected hands to lead her towards the door.

Once inside, the pair was met by Garrett, Mallory, and Collin staring at them, relief flooding their faces once they noticed their connected hands and apparent joy on their faces.

"I'm going to guess things went well out there?" Mallory smiled, gesturing to their intertwined hands. Finnick nodded in response, pulling Haven against his rain soaked body, her head tilting to rest on his shoulder.

"Which one of you said it first?" Garrett questioned, everyone understanding what he meant. "I did. Finally worked up the nerve to tell her I love her." Finnick replied.

Collin's face broke out into a shit eating grin, as he lightly smacked Garrett on the back of his head. "I believe you owe me some money." He laughed, Garrett groaning in response. Haven's head shot up, her and Finnick sharing a glance before she looked back at them.

"Did you two bet on us?" She questioned with a laugh. Collin and Garrett, nodded, breaking down in laughter. "Yeah, they've had a running bet for a while now on which one of you would say it first." Mallory spoke, the other two practically choking on their laughs.

Finnick tilted his head in confusion, looking at Garrett and Collin. "And why did you make this bet?" He asked. "It's a good thing you're pretty Odair, cause you're quite thick in the head sometimes." Collin teased.

"It's been painfully obvious to everyone but you two that you are in love with each other." He finished, Mallory and Garrett nodding in agreement. "Well, I guess I'm glad we finally realized it." Haven smiled, turning to walk out of the room, dragging Finnick behind her.

"Goodnight!" Finnick called over his shoulder. "Remember, the walls are thin! I can hear everything." Collin called out, chuckling. Haven looked over her shoulder, flipping Collin off before she walked around the corner.