Chapter 5

Minho was led back into Thomas's room. inside there was an unconscious Thomas with machines and IVs attached to him. The heart monitor gave off a loud beep, the only reminder that Thomas was still alive under all the wires. Minho sat on a chair next to the hospital bed and looked at Thomas. How did this happen? Minho thought leaning toward the boy in front of him. 

The world around him stopped turning for a moment as he took in his surroundings. Yellow and red roses on a bedside table, a bright light from the ceiling, a window that was open blowing in fresh air, millions of different colored wires were attached to Thomas, a clear bag with clear liquids flowing into Thomas's skin. Everything would be at peace if it weren't for the sinking feeling inside of Minho. 

He was filled with dread and despair. Everything started crashing down the monitor started getting slower. A nurse rushed in and told Minho to wait in the chairs outside. The chairs had wood frames and a rough red fabric to them. Minho was devastated he knew deep down inside that Thomas wouldn't make it. As soon as it had happened it was over. 

A nurse came outside and said "He is in stable condition again but we don't know if he will be for much longer."

"O-okay, do you think he'll..." Minho said already knowing the answer.

"We don't know yet for sure." She replied smiling but knowing that he wouldn't.

Minho walked back into the room, the panic that was once present was gone now. Tommie please don't die on me. Minho thought standing next to Thomas's bed. Minho reached for Thomas's hand and held it for a moment. Thomas's eyelids fluttered open revealing his dark emerald eyes.

"Where am I?" Thomas asked, trying to look around.

"Thomas!" Minho cried letting go of his hand.

"Minho?"

"I thought you were going to die." 

"I'm sorry Thomas started but before he could finish a nurse and doctor came in. They ushered Minho out of the room again seeing that Thomas was awake. 

It was about 3 hours before Minho was allowed to see Thomas again. When Minho walked in this time the wires were removed and Thomas was sitting up looking towards the door. Minho rushed in to give Thomas a hug. Thomas and Minho hugged for a moment before Minho noticed that there was a breathing tube inserted and that maybe they shouldn't hug for that long. 

"I'm sor-" 

"No don't be!" Minho shouted, Thomas covered his ears not used to the loud sound.

"Sorry." Minho continued "You don't have to be sorry there's no reason to be."

"But I am, I made you worry, you're even crying right now." Thomas replied, putting his hands over his face.

"I-I just wish-h I could've k-kept you s-safe." Minho said, his voice breaking.

"I know." Thomas said with a loud sigh. Minho got closer and gave him a light hug careful not to hurt him this time. Thomas hugged back wishing that Minho could just let him take the blame.

"Thomas, everything will be okay." Minho said looking Thomas in the eyes. Thomas stared back in adoration. 

"Excuse me." A nurse interrupted. "We are going to check him out one last time for the night go and wait outside."

"O-oh okay sorry." Minho said leaving the room. Thomas watched him leave quietly. Two nurses came in and made sure everything was good for the night before they left for the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this chapter isn't on time but I think it needed that extra little bit of time before it was published. Haha I still haven't completed the books but that's okay I'll get there.

I hope you have a wonderful Day/Night and that you stay healthy. You're doing great!

590 Words 

~Irisheyes74