Prologue

This is the day I'm finally going to propose to her. Thomas thought while tying his tie in the mirror.  Thomas and Brenda have been together for 5 years and the Flare is cured it couldn't be a better day to propose to Brenda. Thomas had the whole thing planned out for that night. Thomas was wearing a black suit with a black tie.

Ugh I have to break up with him things just aren't working, I hope he sees it. Brenda thought while putting her hair in a bun. Brenda likes Thomas but things just aren't working. They fight all the time and everything just seems against them being together and she doesn't know how much more she can take. Tonight is the night she is going to break up with Thomas.

(At the Restaurant after the meal)

Thomas started to kneel down and Brenda stood up.

"Brenda you are the most amazing wonderful woman in the world and I would like to ask you a very important question, will you marry me?" Thomas asked sparkles in his eyes. Brenda looked around the room and everyone was now staring at them waiting for the yes.

"Thomas no, no I will not. Haven't you noticed that we keep growing further and further away from each other?" Brenda asked knowing deep down that Thomas didn't see it. Thomas looked at Brenda with a sad expression in his eyes and saw the look in hers and that look was pain. Thomas knew that she was feeling hurt from something but he didn't know what it was.

Thomas drove Brenda back to her house like the gentlemen he is but they didn't talk the whole ride back. Once they got back to Brenda's house Brenda got out and walked in without saying a word and that broke him. Thomas broke into tears he couldn't believe that the woman he loved so much would walk away from him like this. 

When he got home he talked to one of his long time friends from the maze Minho.

__________________________________________________________________________

Well here's a story that has been sitting in my drafts since May I think but I just thought of the perfect end to the Prologue so here it is. I'm warning you I don't know everything about the story but I pretty much spoiled it for myself and my brain can only handle so much sadness a day so I have only read the first book as of now. So this might not be the best story I have ever written and somethings like how Brenda talks might not be accurate to her character. BE WARNED, and please don't write angry comments to me because I wrote something wrong from the books I will finish the series one day just not at this point in time.

343 words

~Irisheyes74