What Is Her Name? ✓

Meanwhile is Tom in a room with some seats. A few people are talking at a table. And Tom sits on a sofa scrolling through his phone. A man is sitting on a sofa opposite him, reading a newspaper.

???: "what are you smiling at?"

Tom smiles: "What, oh its my girlfriend. She is doing an audition for a movie where we maybe will be in together. I'm just so proud of her."

The man smiles: "well, hold that smile your whole life kid, before you know, it it will be gone."

Tom looks up from his phone.

Tom: "What do you mean before you know it, it will be gone"

???: "I mean that in 1 minute your whole happy life could be destroyed."

Tom: "did it happen with yours?" He asks carefully

The man pauses and puts his newspaper aside.

He starts to tell: "one day I've met a beautiful girl. Who I 2 years later my wife called. We were happy together. I enjoyed my life. Then out of nowhere she was pregnant. I was surprised but happy. 9 months later our daughter was born. (He begins to smile). The happiest things happened in my life. She was so pretty. Her eyes, hair and her smile. She was perfect in my own eyes. I will never forget her first step in the living room. And her first steps in first grade and high school. I had the happiest life there was. Somehow my wife and I had more fights. I could tell that is hurt my daughter. I won't forget that she was crying behind that door. My wife didn't care. Which I thought was strange. One day I came back from work and we had another fight. What I didn't know is that it was our last. Then she told me my daughter wasn't my daughter. It didn't feel real. But it was real. My wife did a DNA test 10 years ago. It really was there. Then she sent me out. I was no longer welcome there. She threatened me ..... I had to sign divorce papers. I couldn't do anything. I could not bring my daughter, because she was not my original daughter. It's terrible to leave her without a note or something. For the next few weeks I slept in a hotel. I tried to reach her but apparently my wife deleted the number. I thought it was best to move here, in Atlanta. To start a new life and a new job in the acting world. And that brings us here. No ida where she is. So I've learned 1 thing in life ..."

Tom: "and that is?"

The man sighs and gets up.

???: "noting is as it seems."

Tom was impressed. The man walks towards the door. Tom repeated the story in his head and stands up.

Tom: "Wait sir! What is your daughters name?"

The man looks at Tom.

???: "why do you care?"

Tom remains silent.

Tom: "Notting, is just ..... (tom swallows) ..... what is your daughters name?"