Parallel Universes

"Hey, hey, come here. I want to show you something." She was looking at the night sky, calling me to come closer.

"What is it?" I replied, walking over to her.

"I want you to look at the stars tonight. Ever notice something in them?" She asked. We both leaned on the open window in one bright starry night.

"They're shining. Beautifully shining." I replied, with a smile carved on my face.

"Yes, they are indeed. But have you noticed how many of them are there tonight?" She smiled and once again asked me.

"There are countless stars in the universe, some just shine brighter than the others and some just don't." I said, giving her a surmised look.

"What if somewhere out there, there's another you, another me, staring at the same sky. Do you think they are also thinking the same thing?" She popped another question right at me.

"Hmm. That's possible, I'm thinking maybe they do." I replied, thinking about the possibilities of what she just said.

"If there was another you and I in another parallel universe, would they have found each other like how we did?" She asked once again, this time I became more intrigued.

"Would they find love like how we did?" She continued,

"What are you implying?" I asked, now focused on her more than I ever had.

"I'm guessing in another universe, there's another version of ourselves. But I'm thinking if they also have the same fate we have." She stared at me, and then returned her gaze to the night sky. She then continued,

"What if our universal counterparts each face different destinies? Have you ever wondered at the possibility that they could've loved other people, what if in another universe, we never found each other?" She spoke, staring at the sky with a curious look on her face.

"If there was an another me in another world, wearing the same face I have, having the same attitude I own, I know he'll do his best just to find you. Be there a million universes, galaxies, planets, in each and every one of them. I know all of my counterparts will choose no other girl, than the girl standing right beside me." I replied to her, staring at her eyes looking at the most beautiful night sky in the whole universe.

She stared back at me, a beautiful smile formed by her lips. Afterwards we both stared at the constellations that appeared on the sky above. I held her hand as I whispered a few more words into her ears.

"My love will always be you. In any universe, in any life."