Stargazing

"You really love gazing at the stars, don't you?" A serene voice sounded at a distance as I curiously stared at the night sky, my arms wrapped as I stared at the beautiful haven above by my window.

"I do love gazing at the stars. They're beautiful as they twinkle. They always give me new hopes everytime I stare at them." I replied as she walked over to my side and stared at the stars with me.

"They're all very pretty, I agree." She replied.

"The way the shine feels strangely mesmerizing to me." She continued, wearing a smile on her face as she subtly gazed at the beautiful night show.

"You also write for them, right?" She cocked her head towards me.

"I do. But I don't write for all of them." I replied.

As the shade of starlight enclosed us, I glanced a sweet smile at her. She wrinkled her forehead and stared directly at me with a puzzled look on her face.

"Not all of them?"

"I gaze at the night sky every night and I admire all of them. But, it's not all of those shining stars that gave my pen a reason to bleed." I replied.

"I don't get it. What are you trying to imply?" She asked again. She was being inquisitive as ever. I felt her effort in trying to decrypt my words. It made me chuckle a little bit inside.

"You see, there are countless stars out there. They always twinkle and shine every night. Some are visible, some are not. And they all deserve admiration, they all deserve to be written for." I stated as she intently listened.

"But there's this certain star out there that caught my eye. I've been writing about it ever since I found it. A beautiful star that gave me every reason I hold now." I continued as I slowly untangled the puzzled look on her eyes.

"I kept stargazing every chance I get, trying to find this star. Until I found it."

I paused for a while and I stared at her. She was having a clearly confused look on her face. I chuckled as she stared at the stars above and asked.

"Can you point out that star? They all seem very similarly beautiful to me." She innocently said with a complete guess drawn on her eyes.

"I never found it in those constellations, I found it here." I raised my finger and I pointed to her heart.

For a short moment, time paused. Her prismatic eyes collided with mine, and she finally unveiled the words I had conveyed. The moon and the stars around it smiled at us, and the night subtly became brighter as the moment passed.

She sparked a smiled at me as she spoke. "I didn't realize that someone like me could be the star you admire. I'm not that beaut–" Before she could continue, I replied.

"No. You're more than enough." I smiled, as I moved my gaze back to the dark firmaments above.

"It was hard. But all those countless nights I spent trying to find you, was worth it all." I said, as I slowly held her hands.

We both gazed at each other as I wrapped my fingers with hers. I kissed her on the forehead as I whispered a few more words in her ears.

"You're a star that's a lifetime worth searching for."