Raindrops

"You're here again." She said as she walked closer to me, an umbrella grasped on her hand.

"What do you want from me?" I answered, as the rain hid the tears running down my cheeks.

"It's all over, right?" My sobbing voice echoed,

"Then why?" I continued. I stared at her, and saw tears forming under her beautiful starry eyes.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." She said,

"I never wanted it to end this way, I never wanted to hurt you." She continued, her gaze was on me, on the broken, destroyed me.

"You have no fault in this fucked up mess. It was me who created the mistake, the mistake of loving you, even when I knew it was barely possible." I replied,

"No. It's because of me. I hurt you in ways I could never have expected." She answered,

The rain was embracing me. Comforting me as it hid the tears from my eyes. How could she take the blame, when it was me who was wrong? I know I was stupid.

But should I blame my heart for trying to love someone I could never have?

"If I didn't met you, would I feel this kind of pain?" Sobbing as I said the words, the rain heavily poured down.

"Maybe I won't." I continued. A blank gaze on the puddle in front of me.

She then stepped closer to me, this time covering me with the umbrella she carried. As I stared at her, I saw the world in her eyes started to break down. Why? When she already was with the person she truly loved, she should've been happy. But I couldn't understand why she was falling apart. Is it because of me?

That's impossible. That's stupid.

"I'm sorry." She cried,

"You don't have to be." I answered,

"The moment I met you, I thought I finally found the moon revolving around me. But you weren't the moon, you're just a meteor that just passed by me." I said,

This time, tears became heavier as I released the words. She was not the moon that was to revolve around me, she was a moon to be for someone else.

"I loved you for so long, even when I knew it was pointless, even when I knew you could never love me back." I continued,

"I know it hurts, but thank you." I said,

"You became a part in a chapter of my life. You became the muse, of my broken pieces. Thank you for the tragedy." She was crying as she listened. I started to walk away. As I felt the cold embrace of the rain once again, I gave one last glimpse at her, leaving a message that my devastated heart always wanted to speak.

"Thank you for the love, even when it only broke us apart."