CI: Forever Andolini

"So how's school or are you out at this point? Honestly I can't keep track anymore that I've just given up." Christian said to Isabella as he was sitting at the counter drinking a beer while she made linguine

"Technically I'm out of regular school and I'm doing my residency, I have a little less than a month left to go before I can be a full fledged lawyer myself."

"Good for you, it's nice to see your hard work paying off. So what do you plan on doing after it's over?"

"Hopefully I can get the job at the law firm I'm doing my residency at right now, but my ultimate goal is to open up my own practice."

"Alex and I can help you out with that."

"No thank you, I wanna do this myself and I don't want your goons hanging around either and scaring everyone away. Plus I already know it's an underlying catch to accepting such a thing."

"Like what? We're your brothers, we would never do anything to harm, cheat, or scam you out of anything. We'll be extremely fair and reasonable and let's be honest a fresh out of school headstrong woman such as yourself is not going to be bankrolling. You already know how this game men play works, so why not skip all that bullshit and come build with us."

"That sounds nice and all, but I don't want anything to taint my image or reputation. I don't want to be mixed up in mafia business, that's not who I am."

"You're an Andolini, no matter how much you try to run away from it this is your life too."

"I'm a Perdue now." She said as he scoffed

"Don't make me laugh, our fathers blood runs through your veins. Change your name all you want but what's inside could never change. I understand the family business isn't a stellar idea for an ambitious lawyer such as yourself but it's our business.
Our grandfather spent his life building this empire that we now have the luxury to live, things change and we would hope to evolve into something greater for our future children."

"How did you get so poetic lately?" She asked as he finished off his beer

"I don't know but Naomi has definitely been on my ass about it so I've been reading these spiritual guide books to prove that I'm changing because she doesn't want me to end up like Alex, which I can honestly say will never happen."

"Oh really? And why do you say that?"

"I'm gonna be honest, I like to fuck especially the pretty ones but I'm getting a bit older and I enjoy the peace and quiet I have at home and not have to deal with drama all day, sure it was fun for the moment but I wanted something better. But don't praise me too much, next week I'll be in the doghouse for something."

"Don't worry I won't, I know what she means when she says you have more evolving to do. By the way, the foods done." She said bringing the pot to the counter in front of Christian as he happily smiled and dipped his fork over into the pot

"I do have plates,"

"You know I love you and moms linguine, it's so good." He said getting a plateful

"Thanks, I was feeling a bit homesick so I figured this would cheer me up as well as me being alone, I also want to thank you for coming over."

"No problem, you know I'm game whenever there's free food. By the way, how long will Ronnie be gone?"

"Three months, the next five upcoming games are away so to save a little money and keep from flying back and forth he'll be constantly on the road to the next game."

"You're okay with staying here by yourself?"

"Yes, he calls me every night before bed and every morning before I head in to work."