XIV. Dinner Party

Soo, the greatest and worse thing ever happened!

One, I got a new phone for my birthday and two, the deleted chapter for this story came back up on the new phone.

Yeah, I know, weird

Yeah, I know, weird...
So now I can finish where I originally left off.

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

"What's today?" Dominic asked

"The third, why?"

"Tonight's that dinner party, where all of the prestigious town people go and kiss your ass to get money out of you, are you going?"

"I was thinking about it, but I'm not too sure if I want to drag Katherine out and have her endure a long night of those wretched ass kissers, but we'll see."

"You can't disappoint, they'll just die if you don't show up," Dominic said sarcastically followed by a laugh
"But seriously, if you both decide to go, I don't mind watching Alex for you."

"Daddy, can I go play soccer with Antonio?" Alex asked coming into the living room with Michael and Dominic

"If it's alright with his parents that you can come over."

"No, he's not home. He plays soccer at the soccer field downtown. He told me that his mom signed him up to play, so can I go play, please?"

"Nic, do you know if they're still accepting kids or not?" Michael asked

"I'm sure they still are, it's the beginning of the season and more are bound to show up."

"I don't see why not, go get your shoes and I'll take you down there," Michael said as Alex smiled

"Alright! Thanks, dad!" He said bolting off upstairs to get his shoes

"I think I better go with you because you don't know how to be a people person."

"Oh, I don't know how to be a people person?"

"No, you don't. That's why you have me to help you out in times like these." Dominic smiled

"More like helping yourself, I'm sure there won't be any single women there."

"Of course there will be, all those single moms while their husbands go off and fight in the war, it gets lonely at night and I'm that someone to hold and comfort them."

"You're sick man, see a therapist," Michael said as Dominic laughed and Alex came down the stairs ready to go

When they got there, it was already a small crowd of parents on the sidelines and a group of kids already playing.