Moving Day

"Hey, Y/N are you ready for this?" Your boss asks.

"Uh, yea, LA is a lot different than Chicago, but no winter." You say laughing. You have never been so far away from home for longer than 2 weeks. You take one last look at your desk before you say your goodbyes.

"Omg, y/n, we are going to miss you so much!" Your best friend, Sage, says as she hugs you as tight as she can. You feel tears in your eyes, but you are 27 years old and have to get your life together. After Jeremy, you need to get away.

"I know I am going to miss you too." You break away from the hug and wave your last goodbye before you head to the L. You begin to cry as you will miss your friends and the city, which has been your home since your early days in college. UCLA will be amazing, and you will love it, you try and tell yourself. You being to pull out of the parking garage of DePaul University for the last time. Everything is already being moved to LA, so all you have to do is get on a flight. Your mom passed away when you were young, and your dad was never in the picture, so you do not have any family in the city.

THE NEXT DAY

It is 5 am, and your flight is in 4 hours. You gather the rest of your things and take one last look at your apartment, which has brought so much joy over the years. You place the keys on the counters and walk out. You head to the L on the blue line. You look back at the city one last time. The things you are going to miss the most is the four seasons and watching the bears beat the packers at soldier field. After about 45 minutes you arrive at O'hare airport. You check your bag.

"Miss y/n?" The TSA agent says. "LAX?"

"Yes." You respond. Once you are past him, you place your items on the belt and take off your shoes. You walk through security. You look at your ticket, and it says gate H10. You head towards the gate, and on the way, you get your favourite, an iced coffee with vanilla and no creamer.

You put your headphones to drown out the world. You turn on one of your favourite songs by Fleetwood Mac, called songbird.
'And I love you, and I love you, I love you.

Like never before.'

You find your gate and sit in one of the chairs, and you have about 45 minutes before your flight begins to board. You go on your phone and begin looking at old pictures. You don't want to cry in the airport, so you leave Instagram and go onto Netflix and find something to download to watch on the plane. You scroll, and because you love criminal minds, this show called Narcos pops up on your suggested shows. You read the description, and it looks like a good show, so you download the first few episodes.

You have to find shorter shows because of work and how busy you always are. The 45 minutes pass quickly, and you gather your things and wait in line to board. Once you are on the plane, you find your seat and make your self comfortable as it is a 4-hour flight. After the flight is boarded, the flight attendants give the safety brief. You always hated taking off, so you make sure you have water and listen to music to calm yourself.

Once the flight is in the air, you pull out your phone and turn on Netflix and being to watch Narcos. The into of this show is amazing you think to yourself. And then you wonder why you have never watched it before.

After the first episode, you are hooked and begin to start the next one immediately. You start to get a crush on Javier Pena. There is something about him that you love. With work, TV isn't really an option because you are always so busy. There are about 3 hours left on the flight and told yourself you would sleep, but Narcos is not allowing that.

Episode 2 of season 1 was just wow. (if you know, you know). Butterflies. The base of this show is about catching Pablo Escobar, a drug lord in Columbia in the 80s and 90s. You are for sure, going to have to finish this show when you can. As it is early August and school does not until late August you have some time to relax.