Exploring

It has been a week since you have moved to LA and you have all the boxes unboxed. With school starting in a little over two weeks, you have to get set up in your new office. You hear your phone ring and walk over to the counter. You pick it up.

"Hello, is this Y/n?" A man said over the phone.

"Uh, yea, who is this?!" you reply.

"This is Robert Driver from UCLA, and I am calling to see how you have adjusted and if you will be stopping by soon?"

"Oh, hello." You say awkwardly.

"I was just wondering if you were going to stop by UCLA and set up everything?" He said.

"Umm, yes I was going to head over there today." You have known DePaul your whole schooling life, and UCLA is much larger and public.

"Sounds good, just stop by the main office to grab your keys for your new office." The man said.

"Cool, I should be there within the hour." It was only 10 am so it was not too early, and you wanted to get as much done today as you could.

"Have a good day, Y/N, and we will see you soon."

"You too, goodbye." You hang up the phone and begin to gather items that you wanted to bring to your new office. You grab a picture of you, Sage, Javier and Taron. Along with your DePaul flag and another picture of Chicago. You place those items in your bag carefully along with your laptop and notebooks.

Since you have lived in Chicago for many years, you did not really need a car, but the LA area is much larger and more spread out, so you will have to start looking for cars before school starts. With having no car, you have to call an Uber.

Once you get into the Uber and get to the University, you are taken back at the size. You have seen pictures, but that does not do it justice. DePaul was two campuses which were apart of skyscrapers. You head to the main office and pick up your key. The lady at the front desk was very welcoming. As you walk to your new office, you can't believe that you are here. You unlock your door. As you walk in you, see a large desk, a nice office chair, a computer monitor and a bookshelf. This is much nicer than DePaul. You place your bag on the desk and sit in the chair. You hear a knock at the door.

"Hello, Y/N, we spoke on the phone earlier," Robert says. You get up from the chair and walk over to him.

"Oh, yes, hello, I'm Y/N." You say.

"Welcome to UCLA, how do you like your new office?"

"It's amazing." You say with a smile.

"Great to hear, if you need anything I am right down the hall, but I will let you continue to unpack."

"Thank you." You say as he starts to walk out.

Another week has gone by; you are all set up and have been working for hours to get ready for school, starting in a week. You need a break. With living in the Midwest, you have never been to California before. As someone who grew up on Disney, you have always wanted to go to Disney Land and World, but you never had enough money to go with a single mom.

This is your chance, and you can go to Disney Land. You buy tickets for Thursday, which is only two days away.

Thursday arrives.

You wake up early, and put on black shorts, with a purple tank top on. You grab a water bottle and some snacks and call an uber.

You really need to get your own car, you say to yourself. The drive took a while, but once you arrived, you felt like a kid in a candy store. Not sure where to start your look at a map and decide to head to the castle. As it is a Thursday, there are not too many people, but there is still a lot.

You arrive at the castle after walking down main street, and you are in awe. You pull out your phone and take a selfie. You pull out the map again to see which ride you will go on first. To the right is Tomorrowland and to the left is Critter Country, which has splash mountain. You have heard so many stories about splash mountain, so you head towards that.

As your walking, you go through New Orleans Square, and the food smells amazing. You stop and grab a churro. The line is not super long yet, which you are grateful for. While waiting in line, you text your friends the selfie you took.

Sage: Wow! I am so jealous right now.

Javier: Eat a churo for me

Taron: You better go to Galaxy's Edge and take a ton of pictures.

You: Of course I will.

The line begins to move quickly, and your time is up. You hop into the seat and buckle up. It starts to move. You did not know that the ride was smooth and relaxing at first. The first drop gets you. And then the big drop, you scream as it goes down. You get soaked. Note to self, never ride this first. Now you are wet for most of the day. You still enjoyed the ride.

Luckily the sun is out, so you should dry off quickly. Galaxy's Edge is not too far, so you head over there to take pictures for Taron. As you walk in, you are taken back. You have seen a few Star Wars movies with Taron, but he was obsessed. You recognized the Falcon that was placed in the middle. You take some pictures and send them to him. You walk around the shops. You see if there are any rides, and there are. There is Rise of the Resistance, and The smugglers run. You walk over to smugglers run first, the line is long, but you are a single rider so that you can get on quicker. You notice a lot of people with cameras around this area. As your walking through the line, you wait about 40 minutes before you are inside the Falcon.

As you are looking around the falcon, you bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." You say with your midwest accent.

"Oh, no its okay, it's a bit crowded in here." The man replies. He looks familiar. You see flashes from the corner of your eye. You are lost.

"Ma'am." The worker says.

"Yes." You reply. He hands you a card, with the words pilot written on it. You wait for a few more minutes, and they call your colour.

"All blue cards this way please." You walk over and stand on the sticker that says pilot. The spot next to you is open still. You and your group walk inside. The seat is still empty. You buckle your seat belt and look around. Wow, Taron would love this. This is your favourite ship from the movies you have seen. The same man you bump into sits in the other pilot seat. He turns to you.

"Hi, I am Pedro Pascal." He reaches out his hand. You do know who he is, and he is Javier Peña from Narcos. Your eyes become wide. You reach out your hand as well.

"Hi, um, my name is Y/N." You say.

"Let's try not and crash this thing, Y/n." He says with a smile. You laugh.