Chapter 3 - Together

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"At 19 Kim Seana has been the talk of the nation. Her latest performance at the 2020 National Figure Skating Competition has garnered such immense reactions and adorations."

"You should have seen it partner every flip, glide, twirl was absolutely perfect. However, the thing that caught everyone's attention were her eyes!"

"Her eyes?"

"Yes, they hold such emotions, the judges even said, and I quote 'Her expression felt as though she was one with the music, we saw agitation, fear, hatred, and sadness all at the same time. It was magnificent.'"

As soon as I saw the news, I switched off the television. I haven't seen the video of my performance. I was terrified to watch it. I felt vulnerable when I heard their compliments. I didn't really need to act after seeing Sunghoon. Since I was just that, I felt all the feelings I needed to convey for the storyline of the routine.

The dancer with a broken heart

"Have you opened your social media? You have a million followers on every platform." Jisoo looked at me shocked.

"What?" My eyes widen. I quickly got my phone and opened my accounts. Notification after notification popped up. "How?" I muttered to nobody in particular.

"Look, I even found fan accounts for you!" she jumped from the couch to my bed and shoved her phone to my face. I took it and saw almost 50 different accounts that state my name. They posted numerous photos and edits, they even had videos of my old performances back when I was a kid. I felt overwhelmed.

I had fans?

Jisoo and I kept scrolling through our phones showing each other some of the cool and heart-warming edits that we found. We saw some people hoping for me to join the industry, some wanted me to act some wanted me to be an idol.

"Oh," she suddenly said. I looked up at her.

"Why? Why? Did someone post something bad about me?" I panicked.

"Not 'bad', though I do not know if you would appreciate this hashtag." I felt curious about what she was talking about. I snatched her phone before she could even react and I froze.

I clicked the hashtag and it revealed almost a million tweets.

I stopped scrolling. Jisoo looked at me with concern. "H-hey! How about we stop that..." she snatched her phone back and pulled me towards the door of my bathroom. "... and you go take a bath, then we hit the road." She giggled.

"Where are we going?"

"Mall? Anywhere you like. I need to parade my famous best friend." I laughed at her attempt to cheer me up and went inside the bathroom when suddenly a voice called the both of us.

"Hurry up, Seana we need to go somewhere." Coach Lim opened my bedroom door. His face and tone call urgency and panic.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ PARK SUNGHOON ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Sunghoon, did you look at Twitter today? You and Seana are trending." Sunoo looked at me with wide eyes. I simply nodded.

"Do you know her?" Ni-Ki kept asking.

"Of course he does, he was the one who gave her the medal," Sunoo answered.

"No, I mean like personally. Does he know her personally?" Ni-Ki scratches his head while explaining to Sunoo what he meant.

"Sunghoon! Mr. Bang wanted to see you." The door opened and it revealed Jungwon with a worried look on his face.

"Wait, why? Sunghoon did nothing wrong! It was the fans, Jungwon." Heesung started to exclaim. We saw a lot of tweets about me and Seana. How we'd look good as a couple. How I looked as if I was in love with her. They were right though, I was in love with her.

"He didn't say if what it was for," Jungwon muttered.

I stood right up and went to the CEO's floor. I was still preoccupied with what Seana told me last night.

"You shouldn't have come back Sunghoon" She slurred. "I was already getting better. Why did you have to come back?" Tears began to fall from her eyes.

It breaks my heart to see her in that state. The agony was amplified by the realization that I was the one who had caused it. I was about to open the door when I suddenly heard voices inside.

"Bang, look we didn't mean for this to happen. I know you are protecting your artist, but I'm protecting my athletes as well." I heard Coach Lim's pleas, his voice seemed terrified.

My nervousness heightened, I couldn't take it, I barged into the room and faced the CEO.

"Sir, please it wasn't their fault. The fans were the ones to spread those ideas. They weren't even tr—"

"Would everyone please, calm down?" Mr. Bang said in a powerful and authoritative voice. "Would you both stop making me look like a bad guy?" He gestured to Coach and me. "I haven't even said anything about why I asked you all up here."

He continued once he saw that we were quiet, "Look, I do not care about what the fans have said because, first of all, as you said, they weren't true. Second, the majority of feedbacks seem to be positive." I could hear the calmness that his sentences brought to the room. I looked at Seana, her hands are on top of her lap while her gaze is on the floor.

"And..." PD-nim started. "I think that we could use this as an advantage."

We looked at him. Even Seana's gaze went straight to the CEO.

"What do you mean?" Coach Lim stated confused.

"As you know Enhypen has debuted not too long ago, but now since the pandemic is finally over..." He looked at us with a grin on his face. "... I thought that it would be a fun surprise for Engenes to have their very first concert or showcase if you will, a tad bit earlier." I looked at him surprised. A sense of joy suddenly peaked in me, me and the members have dreamt of performing in front of the fans.

"And I want to have you two perform a figure skating routine as an encore together."